• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LM 350s

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickey

Spending far too long on LM 350s at the weekend, I couldn't help but notice that every single emergency window hammer had been removed. Does anyone know why? And, more importantly, how we're now supposed to get out in an emergency?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Spending far too long on LM 350s at the weekend, I couldn't help but notice that every single emergency window hammer had been removed. Does anyone know why? And, more importantly, how we're now supposed to get out in an emergency?

The windows are laminated and IIRC following research by RSSB (after the Ufton Nervet HST accident) the policy is that hammers are no help and not needed, SWT 444 and 450 have had their hammers removed as well, so it seems a national policy.

mickey

Shouldn't they remove the casings then, so people don't see they're missing and get worried? Or at the very least put a sticker on them for the benefit of the curious...

scotsman

Established Member
If I was in an accident and had to use the window to escape, I'd be tempted to use my T-Key (if I had it on me) to crack the panes.

Juniper Driver

Established Member
On the SWT side the hammers were always being nicked so they were no use if they weren't there.I guess that applies to everywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.