• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LM Cl150

Status
Not open for further replies.

87019Chris

does anyone know were you can see most of the London Midland Class 150's (150/1 and 150/2) in a day if not weres the best place for them.

Cheers.:D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dreadnought

Birmingham Snow Hill is normally where I go to see them as they monopolise most of the LM services through here. You will also see Chiltern units and the West Midlands Metro there as well. There will also be some units stabled Tyseley which you may be able to see from a passing train on the Stratford or Droitwich services.

Dave R

anywhere between Stourbridge Jct and Tyseley is the 'core' route (every 10 mins). It might come down to whether you want to see other trains aswell, eg. PPM at Stourbridge Jct, FGW at worcester...

Bevan Price

Established Member
Birmingham Snow Hill is normally where I go to see them as they monopolise most of the LM services through here. You will also see Chiltern units and the West Midlands Metro there as well. There will also be some units stabled Tyseley which you may be able to see from a passing train on the Stratford or Droitwich services.

And if you have time, also go to Birmingham New St., as the service to Rugeley via Walsall often uses Class 150. If travelling by train, a West Midlands day ranger, or a Centro Daytripper ticket can be useful for visiting a few stations (and getting you onto platforms at New St., etc.)

Bevan

87019Chris

I shall probably go from man. picc to Crewe and then by a west midlands day rover and go down to stafford (on the direct train not the one via stoke) and then catch the train to tamworth and attept to catch the tanks (usally a DB schenker class 66.) and then into birmingham and across to snow hill then a ride round for the Cl150's and maybe the Cl139's at stourbridge.and back the same way. Or i could go down to coventry or to bescot after a while at snow hill to catch the wrexham and shropshire Cl 67's:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.