• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LM - New Trainee Driver Vacancies - Now Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

wills

Also got this same e-mail - been reading about the new tests in the above document - all sounds very daunting but upon reading into it hopefully it shouldnt be THAT bad <fingers crossed>

Roll on October! :)

westbrom

just got to sit tight and wait for the assessment dates,they will be over the next 12 months from October,im hoping for a later date so some info about the new tests will be available,that said if you are a suitable candidate then the tests should be no problem for you hopefully

TDF

I had the assessments recently, GBT, mechanical test, learnability and dials. Passed these and then had the DM interview, got an email the next day inviting me to attend the final assessments. Sat the reactions test and CBI last week and got the pass confirmation from the examiner.

How long will the wait be for a medical date?

oboe

Sat the first lot of tests and passed but then went on holiday and missed 2 lots of interview dates!! (Gutted) couldn't have made them them as the last one was the 12th of August! Have emailed LM and am now waiting on more interview dates in the "fall"??

Good luck to all! :)

I had the assessments recently, GBT, mechanical test, learnability and dials. Passed these and then had the DM interview, got an email the next day inviting me to attend the final assessments. Sat the reactions test and CBI last week and got the pass confirmation from the examiner.

How long will the wait be for a medical date?

I waited about a week I think, two at most.

TDF

I'll be keeping a very close eye on my emails next week then, absolutely made up to have gotten through to this stage. Medical shouldn't be an issue at all, having passed the PTS medical last month.

Can I ask, did you recieve a conditional offer of employment with your medical date or did that come afterwards? I believe there is a course starting in Bletchley in Oct which is what I'm hoping for.

bob hope

Can I ask, did you recieve a conditional offer of employment with your medical date or did that come afterwards? I believe there is a course starting in Bletchley in Oct which is what I'm hoping for.

My medical date come through at the same time as the conditional offer - medical booked for around 10 days after the conditional offer was made.
Conditional offer was 3 days after DM interview.
Be ready to drop everything though - as you will probably only get the bare minimum of 4 weeks notice of the course starting.

Have you heard if you passed the DM interview yet?

Last edited:

TDF

My medical date come through at the same time as the conditional offer - medical booked for around 10 days after the conditional offer was made.
Conditional offer was 3 days after DM interview.
Be ready to drop everything though - as you will probably only get the bare minimum of 4 weeks notice of the course starting.

Have you heard if you passed the DM interview yet?

I have passed the DM interview, I had this after my GBT, mechanical, learnability and dials tests but before my reaction test and CBI.

Cheers for the info regarding the medical dates and conditional offers, like I said I'm just going to keep a very close eye on emails!

4 weeks notice is enough for me, I'll drop anything for this role!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Has anybody heard anything yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.