• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER 30 Sep Running/Refund/LNER Credit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricoblade

Hi All - I've booked my wife and daughter to travel on Advances on 30 Sep from Doncaster to Newcastle and return.

Has anyone got any information on the likelihood of LNER trains running or not please? If they don't will getting a refund be easy (e-tickets) and will I get the LNER Credit back that I used?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
Has anyone got any information on the likelihood of LNER trains running or not please?
LNER usually run a very limited service during ASLEF strikes.
If they don't will getting a refund be easy (e-tickets) and will I get the LNER Credit back that I used?
Getting a refund will be simple. I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean about the LNER Credit though.

ricoblade

LNER usually run a very limited service during ASLEF strikes.

Getting a refund will be simple. I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean about the LNER Credit though.
Thanks for the reply. When you buy LNER tickets through LNER, you earn Credit (2% from memory) and then can use this to offset future purchases when using their app.

m00036

On the last ASLEF strike day, there were 7 services in each direction between Doncaster and Newcastle. That was a Friday so no guarantees a Saturday timetable would be the same. You can look at Recent Train Times for previous strike days as operators are increasingly getting used to using these timetables.

Haywain

Veteran Member
When you buy LNER tickets through LNER, you earn Credit (2% from memory) and then can use this to offset future purchases when using their app.
Ah, Perks! Yes, you would get that back.

Status
Not open for further replies.