• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER - Availability of Advance Tickets?

SCCB7

Can anyone advise how often LNER update the availability of advance tickets - is it daily or weekly? I'm aware of the "ticket alerts "option and the normal 12 week period but want to know when I'm likely to see advance tickets available for 2nd May and 4th May?
Is it a set time / day of the week?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Can anyone advise how often LNER update the availability of advance tickets - is it daily or weekly? I'm aware of the "ticket alerts "option and the normal 12 week period but want to know when I'm likely to see advance tickets available for 2nd May and 4th May?
It was mentioned before that it was Thursdays at 10am. Whether that still holds true.

I am looking to book a trip on LNER at the end of May or early June, but the tickets are not available yet.

I have set an alert. but was just wondering how often the tickets are released .. is it weekly, monthly or whatever ?
On the LNER website is says .. tickets are available up to 20th May

Haywain

Veteran Member
Can anyone advise how often LNER update the availability of advance tickets - is it daily or weekly?
Generally, weekly but sometimes they can skip a week and catch up a week later.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Given LNER's ticketing trial, which effectively moves everything to Advance tickets only (unless you're prepared to pay through the roof) there really ought to be total transparency about when Advance tickets are released.

Silver Cobra

If the advances you are looking for include connecting travel with other TOCs, they can also be influenced by availability on the connecting services. For example, LNER advances that include connecting travel with Northern are only available up to 8 weeks in advance, as this is the current maximum booking horizon for Northern.

Wallsendmag

Established Member
Given LNER's ticketing trial, which effectively moves everything to Advance tickets only (unless you're prepared to pay through the roof) there really ought to be total transparency about when Advance tickets are released.
Thursday at 1000 as mentioned above

Sign up for the ticket alert and you'll be notified as soon as they are released.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Thursday at 1000 as mentioned above
You know that and so do I but is that publicised anywhere.

The date and times tickets are released should be very clear to passengers. They aren’t at present.

johntea

Established Member
Coincidentally I just looked up a journey from Wakefield - London on 26/02 and every LNER service that would get me there for the time required (roughly 10am) had advances available...but at a rather eye watering £108.40 (or in some cases creeping up to a peak £126.60!)

Am I too early / too late for a more realistic advance fare on LNER? In the end I booked Grand Central at a rather more acceptable £42.50 (and a bargain basement £15.00 return on the 19:48!)