• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Delay repay vouchers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyman42

Established Member
I recently had a delay repay claim with LNER and they paid me in travel vouchers. Is this now their policy as opposed to giving claimants the choice of how they are compensated?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I recently had a delay repay claim with LNER and they paid me in travel vouchers. Is this now their policy as opposed to giving claimants the choice of how they are compensated?
Did the form not offer you a choice of methods in which to receive your compensation? If anything it's RTVs that are on the way out.

Haywain

Veteran Member
I have had delay repay paid by bank transfer in the recent past from LNER.

ServerHoster

On the other hand, I asked for vouchers and they sent it by card!

greyman42

Established Member
Did the form not offer you a choice of methods in which to receive your compensation? If anything it's RTVs that are on the way out.
I don't recall there being an option on the form but i do remember forms i have used in the past having the options.

I have had delay repay paid by bank transfer in the recent past from LNER.
Yes, that would of been my preferred option.

westv

Established Member
I don't know why anybody would want vouchers now but each to their own.

island

Veteran Member
A few company travel policies might distinguish between money and vouchers maybe, but there can't be that many.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The form asks your preference:

1677504830894.png
Options shown are: PayPal, Bank Transfer (BACS), Rail Travel Voucher, CALM (Charity donation)
They can be very useful if you are starting your journey at a station that doesn't have an open ticket office, and where there may be an issue obtaining the required ticket(s) from a ticket vending machine (TVM); in such circumstances, presenting a RTV ensures you cannot be accused of any offence.

Last edited:

greyman42

Established Member
The form asks your preference:

View attachment 129902
Options shown are: PayPal, Bank Transfer (BACS), Rail Travel Voucher, CALM (Charity donation)

They can be very useful if you are starting your journey at a station that doesn't have an open ticket office, and where there may be an issue obtaining the required ticket(s) from a ticket vending machine (TVM); in such circumstances, presenting a RTV ensures you cannot be accused of any offence.
The form i filled in was a paper one posted in an envelope. Perhaps i just ticked the wrong box or none at all and they defaulted to vouchers.

Status
Not open for further replies.