• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER IC225 first class London King's Cross to Peterborough - worth the extra price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthEastBuses

On Moderation
On the LNER app, I've managed to find a rather amazing deal.

An Advance Single (First Class) from London King's Cross to Peterborough for just about £18 (Standard Class is £11) and this will be on the 10:03 departure, meaning it will be on an Intercity 225!

Is the extra price worth it? Is LNER first class any good on the IC225?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
It's very comfy and you'll probably get a tea/coffee and soft drink and possibly even some food (sandwiches, may not be time for the hot options, check with the crew) so for £7 extra you'll probably get your moneys worth.

SouthEastBuses

On Moderation
It's very comfy and you'll probably get a tea/coffee and soft drink and possibly even some food (sandwiches, may not be time for the hot options, check with the crew) so for £7 extra you'll probably get your moneys worth.

Good to know, thanks! Will food and drinks be guaranteed between London and Peterborough though?

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Good to know, thanks! Will food and drinks be guaranteed between London and Peterborough though?
I would say drinks are a 99% certainty and food from the trolley (sandwiches, crisps, etc) around an 80% certainty. Hot food is less likely and I would enquire when the crew come around offering food if it will be possible to have anything hot when alighting at Peterborough.

SouthEastBuses

On Moderation
I would say drinks are a 99% certainty and food from the trolley (sandwiches, crisps, etc) around an 80% certainty. Hot food is less likely and I would enquire when the crew come around offering food if it will be possible to have anything hot when alighting at Peterborough.

To be honest, as much as I would love to try hot food, I'm not too fussed as I will be catching the train at about 10am in the morning anyway, so just some crisps and other snacks will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.