• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER strike timetables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haywain

Veteran Member
Must be fun for those that have booked Advance tickets on strike days that don't get told the actual reasons !
Yes, the automatic emails can be a right pain. Telling people their train is cancelled and yet still running at exactly the same time causes lots of confusion.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bayum

Established Member
Managed to book my tickets. First train from York at 0802 was £127. Return at 1930ish was much more pleasant at £50-60. Both trains chocked full of reservations.

Site was very slow for processing my card and details and there were a few moments where I thought I wasn’t going to get anything!

Do we reckon there will be a 1st class offering?

greyman42

Established Member
Last train from London to York on 15/12/22 (non strike day) is 1930. Very poor.

Leisurefirst

Yes, the automatic emails can be a right pain. Telling people their train is cancelled and yet still running at exactly the same time causes lots of confusion.
Are their seat reservations cancelled, but they can still travel on the "same" service?
I am wondering if the train gets booked-up with the newly released tickets (bar the unreserved carriage/s) and they can end up standing?

Haywain

Veteran Member
Are their seat reservations cancelled, but they can still travel on the "same" service?
I am wondering if the train gets booked-up with the newly released tickets (bar the unreserved carriage/s) and they can end up standing?
I have no idea, I have nothing to do with Lumo.

kkong

Last train from London to York on 15/12/22 (non strike day) is 1930. Very poor.

Yet better than 5 days with no rail service between Edinburgh and Aberdeen - by any operator!

From 13 Dec to 17 Dec inclusive.

Seehof

Are there likely to be any changes to the current December 24th timetable that LNER are advertising?

Bayum

Established Member
Are there likely to be any other good reasons beside business to upgrade to 1st via Seatfrog on strike days?

Haywain

Veteran Member
Are there likely to be any changes to the current December 24th timetable that LNER are advertising?
Bookings for 24th December are not currently open, so the timetable has not been finalised. Tickets are not expected to be on sale until 20th December.

Veteran Member
OT, but DB do this as well when the train number changes for operational reasons (such as a swap of ICE set type)

Retorus

According to the LNER website a provisional timetable for the 24th will be available tomorrow. 27th on Monday.

The last southbound service from Edinburgh to Kings Cross is the 0800. Blimey. That’s my trip home scuppered!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.