• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER train hits a cow (24/05)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hooky3

An Azuma set has seemingly hit a cow near Durham today, another one out of serivce I’d guess to add to the problems

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
Unrelated matter but looks as tho LNER may lose another azuma unit temporarily. 1E03 has collided with cows south of Durham and is currently stranded on Croxdale Viaduct with nose cone, coupler and underframe damage.

Northhighland

Unrelated matter but looks as tho LNER may lose another azuma unit temporarily. 1E03 has collided with cows south of Durham and is currently stranded on Croxdale Viaduct with nose cone, coupler and underframe damage.
Not be too good for the cows either I imagine.

Established Member
Has there been more disruption on the LNER fleet today or is it all knock-on from cowmageddon? 09:52 ex Aberdeen caped to start in Edinburgh despite the set being in the platform in Aberdeen and the crew being available. Website was saying nothing. Customer service teams knew nothing. Twitter feed only said not only was it cancelled but whole load of other 91 vice Azuma / 5 car vice 9 swaps.

Established Member
Has there been more disruption on the LNER fleet today or is it all knock-on from cowmageddon? 09:52 ex Aberdeen caped to start in Edinburgh despite the set being in the platform in Aberdeen and the crew being available. Website was saying nothing. Customer service teams knew nothing. Twitter feed only said not only was it cancelled but whole load of other 91 vice Azuma / 5 car vice 9 swaps.
A fault with the driver safety device in the cab meant the unit wast fit to run, it will/has be moving to Craigentinny as an ecs.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I have to say, having spent the past 5 days in GW land, I didn't notice anything untoward in terrms of cancelled trains. IC125 and new trains seemed to be in place when needed.

It's been nice to get an IC225 back on the ECML though.

Status
Not open for further replies.