• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Locations of Permit To Travel Machines?

warwickshire

On Moderation
Saturday 13th April 2024, whilst passing through Hatton Warwickshire Station, Chiltern Railways Station can confirm on, Hatton Platform One, at the gate entrance to the Platform, the Pertis machine, has now been removed and is no longer with us. RIP. Hatton Pertis Machine.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Saturday 13th April 2024, whilst passing through Hatton Warwickshire Station, Chiltern Railways Station can confirm on, Hatton Platform One, at the gate entrance to the Platform, the Pertis machine, has now been removed and is no longer with us. RIP. Hatton Pertis Machine.
Looks like I made my visit just in time

damo44

Hatton and Lapworth also finish today, witnessed first hand now out of action.
Lapworth this afternoon had a team in a van taking it out of action, informed Hatton to follow.
I walked past Lapworth a couple of days ago and took a photo of where the machine previously stood. I haven’t posted photos to this website before so apologies if it’s not the right way up!

Attachments

• IMG_6738.jpeg
    IMG_6738.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 60

warwickshire

On Moderation
I walked past Lapworth a couple of days ago and took a photo of where the machine previously stood. I haven’t posted photos to this website before so apologies if it’s not the right way up!
Yes, that's correct, thanks for the further information, Lapworths has now gone also, that is exactly where Lapworths was, exactly the same situation with the Hatton one, exactly the same status as the removal job done at Hatton. So Lapworth and Hatton now gone.
Rip Pertis Machines and end of a era for Pertis Machines ie, Chiltern lines and West Midlands notably Centro Snow Hill Lines.