• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London bashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bayum

Established Member
Had an interesting day around and about London. Set off first to Kennington to sample the extended Northern line to Battersea Power Station. Very well done at Nine Elms and the moving colour wall at Battersea helps to bring it to life. Was a good ride out but extremely noisy. Be interesting to know what kind of decibels passengers are putting their ears against on a regular basis.
Next, I sampled a 450 between Queenstown Road and Waterloo after I mixed it up with Battersea Park. Went back to Clapham Junction on a 707, nice and nippy.
Then, took myself up to Liverpool Street and managed to get a 720 out to Tottenham Hale and a 745 on the return. Both very nice and very smooth. Would have liked to have ridden them at speed but I enjoyed the raised seating areas over the bogies.
Finally, had an interesting journey on the DLR between Tower Gateway and my hotel. Out accelerated C2C service and then had an emergency stop application made by the on-board ‘pilot’. All in all a good day, though I hope my body doesn’t make me pay for it tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.