• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Blackfriars

Status
Not open for further replies.

MML

We have a once sparklingly new and environmentally friendly station at London Blackfriars with spectacular views of the River Thames and the London skyline through large glass panels.
Isn't it a pity we can't find a window cleaner to keep the glass clean. Open to the elements and grubby, greasy fingermarks - such a pity the maintenance regime isn't up to scratch.
So who is responsible ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

twpsaesneg

I thought one of the innovations trumpeted at the time was "self-cleaning" glass throughout - obviously that only applies to the external side!

Internal cleaning should be town to the Thameslink franchise holder I guess.

MML

Both the internal and external side panels need a good clean, since they are sheltered by the roof.
I'm guessing the sloping roof and solar panels are the self cleaning part.

AM9

Veteran Member
We have a once sparklingly new and environmentally friendly station at London Blackfriars with spectacular views of the River Thames and the London skyline through large glass panels.
Isn't it a pity we can't find a window cleaner to keep the glass clean. Open to the elements and grubby, greasy fingermarks - such a pity the maintenance regime isn't up to scratch.
So who is responsible ?
Just why do railway staff insist on rubbing their dirty hands all over glass windows. It's so unreasonable that the passengers have to put up with it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.