• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Bridge to Sutton (Epsom) semi-fasts train allocations

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC1

I was under the impression that the half hourly semi fast service to Sutton via West Croydon from London Bridge were all formed of 377s since the introduction of the new May timetable in the evening off-peaks. However, I noticed that two 455s have been running in place of the 377s, does anyone know if this is permenant or because of faults/upgrades of the 377s?

The reason I ask is I am no fan of the 455s. :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FOH

Since the new timetable can’t say I’ve noticed anything other than 455s on Forest Hill route stopping services via Norwood Jn

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
From memory, 455s generally do the LB - Caterhams via FH in the week with 377s on Sundays

Certainly on a Saturday, I've seen 377s on the Epsoms at Norwood Junction where on a couple of occasions I've seen a driver change at Norwood Jnc

And I had the misfortune the other Saturday to fall foul of a cxd LB - Caterham cancellation (due to defective stock) and where I used to be able to get LO to Norwood Jnc and change to a Horsham service, these now run fast to East Croydon meaning that Norwood Jnc now only gets 2tph to East Croydon on a Saturday...

I need to study at the timetables more closely re the changes

Last edited:

TEW

Established Member
On Weekdays the 1955 and 2155 London Bridge to Epsom, and 2045 and 2245 Epsom to London Bridge are booked to be formed 8-455.
The 0531 Epsom to London Bridge is also formed 8-455, but this is a stopping service.

physics34

Established Member
its a good service and quite useful. I wonder if it was cooked up by Grayling to appease his constituents though!

Sutton now getting fast Vics and these semi fast London Bridges. The really could in theory be Thameslinks going through the core.

Agent_Squash

Established Member
its a good service and quite useful. I wonder if it was cooked up by Grayling to appease his constituents though!

Sutton now getting fast Vics and these semi fast London Bridges. The really could in theory be Thameslinks going through the core.
Pleasing his own constituency while making Rainham happy?

KC1

On Weekdays the 1955 and 2155 London Bridge to Epsom, and 2045 and 2245 Epsom to London Bridge are booked to be formed 8-455.
The 0531 Epsom to London Bridge is also formed 8-455, but this is a stopping service.

Great thanks. I’ll make sure I won’t get those two in the future then.

Western Sunset

Established Member
Generally Class 377s on the London Bridge - Caterham / Tattenham Corner services that split at Purley. Class 455s on the London Bridge - Coulsdon Town trains.

Status
Not open for further replies.