• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London cable car

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good evening,

Does anyone know if an all zone travel card or pay as you go Oyster card is valid for travel on the london cable cars from Greenwich to Dockland or VV? is a further supplement payable.

Also is the rail museum still at the old North Wollwich Station?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

district

The cable car isn't part of the Travelcard/Oyster network, but possession of a travelcard shown at the ticket office gives a 3.20 fare, and using oyster pay as you go also costs 3.20.

Clip

Established Member
It may have done. We are also approaching winter fast so numbers are bound to drop off. The good thing is that they can supply gondolas to meet demand.

Of which this week is world travel market at excel and also the tennis comes to the o2 this month.

Seasonal attractions the world over have a downturn in off season. But it is my opinion that its a great addition to london. They won't get rid of it so let's just enjoy it. Oddly enough I use it about once a week or so as its more fun than the tube even if I have to pay for it

LE Greys

Established Member
I've been on it and it certainly provides some good views, but its more of a novelty than a genuine part of the transport system.

Attachments

• 010_10.jpg
    010_10.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 34

Waddon

I'm expecting it's opening hours to be reduced soon... unfortunately one consequence of it being rushed into construction is that it was poorly located... if it actually directly connected with the stations at each end it would have some benefits, but having to walk through the rain for 10 minutes from North Greenwich station to get there defeats any transport purpose.

I always thought a line across the river from Canary Wharf, or above the thames barrier would be better used, there's some nice views of scrapyards from the current route, if you like that sort of thing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.