• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London North Eastern Railway (LNER) First Class service

Chrism20

Established Member
If you are sitting in J or K where the trolley is "loaded" as it has just started the run the toast tends to be more forthcoming. :p
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

How tight is that - absurd logic plenty of Scotch but no croissant :roll:

I agree, however this is East Coast. Absolutely nothing surprises me anymore.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Chrism20

Established Member
The chimichurri chicken and terrine appeal to me the most. Noodles on a train could be messy but does sound nice.

ModernRailways

Established Member
Looks like I'll be getting the Bacon Roll on the morning trains. That 'Full English' is full of stuff I can't eat/don't like - I would be able to eat the Bacon and Sausage. One can only hope they give more than one rasher, but it wouldn't surprise me if they don't. McDonalds near me only give you one in the bun!

PaxVobiscum

Established Member
What's that? - we don't all have easy access to twitter.

I don't use Twitter but just clicked the link and the image came up on my elderly iPhone.

It's a picture of a breakfast with (L to R) 7 1/4 mushrooms, an unidentifiable browny/greeny toasted thing, 1 large tomato, 1 rasher of bacon and 1 sausage.

Blindtraveler

Established Member
mushrooms certainly arnt a vedgetable known for there good looks but heck there good to eat! The current menue has I note got
a lot
of Spinitch! Has Poppeye moved from see to rail? Is it commonwealth games irn feaver? Iether way Im not a fan and I know of many others who arnt iether!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
will get a crack at an East Coast Afternoon tea tomorrow on the 14:52x Aberdeen. Hope the Scotch is well stocked!

CallySleeper

Established Member
Looks suspiciously like one piece of bacon.

The menu says two!

THe mystery item is egg and spinach frittata.

For the record, this is my most recent (Christmas) breakfast with EC, and I do like the croissants.

Looks like Virgin still win on breakfast.

Although not having sampled Virgin's, I'd definitely put EMT forward for this accolade (there's a muffin under there too)

Alternatively folks of course, there's always station food

Marionaki

For the record, this is my most recent (Christmas) breakfast with EC, and I do like the croissants.

Although not having sampled Virgin's, I'd definitely put EMT forward for this accolade (there's a muffin under there too)

Alternatively folks of course, there's always station food

The station food looks delicious! But I can't complain on the recent trip with EC from Edinburgh to KX and their food and service! Food offered three times, very tasty, coffee and soft drinks offered six times and four rounds alcoholic drinks! I was very impressed with service and all. So, I think I give the station food a miss! :)

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
mushrooms certainly arnt a vedgetable known for there good looks but heck there good to eat! The current menue has I note got a lot of Spinitch! !
Well I guess we're all different. I include mushrooms and spinach in my list of top 12 ingedients!

Anyway, I've got 3 breakfast journeys ahead of me next week, so I'll have every opportunity to consider their merits soon!

I'll let you know, but won't expect you to agree with me!

Chrism20

Established Member
That's a generous portion of mushrooms in comparison to what I got last week. There does seem to be a lot of spinach in the menu, it's obviously going cheap somewhere.

Looking at that picture, I'd happily have the old restaurant car back and pay £15 for it.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
nice crew, but this sandwich is advertised as containing brie, however the amount of brie is quite minimal!

Attachments

• IMG_20140530_151725.jpg
    IMG_20140530_151725.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 98

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Should have stayed on the crew that came aboard at Newcastle have been brilliant very friendly and generous!

PaxVobiscum

Established Member
"2 sandwiches or 3, sir?"
"Could I have a mixture please"
Cue 2 of each.
Why can't I think that fast?

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I had a splendid time in first over the past two days.

The macaroni cheese was delicious, as were the ham and egg sandwiches. The gin flowed nicely and all in the stylish and comfortable surroundings of the InterCity 125.

Sadly, due to an impending bout of personal austerity, I fear it's back to steerage for me for a while !

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I had significantly more brie in any of the individual triangles of a sandwich today, than in the entire 4 triangle sandwich on Friday!

I can also report Friday's 1452 Aberdeen - KGX had a particularly nice & attentive London crew for the last leg of the journey. If only all London crews were like that!!

The macaroni cheese is very nice.

Also today I saw chocolate flapjack is an option. Jordy would have been happy!