• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Overground - Trainee Train Driver - New Cross Gate (15/11/23)

baz962

Established Member
Does anyone know where training takes place, I believe it was in Swiss Cottage, is that still the case.
It was swiss cottage and Willesden. I believe it's palestra house rather than swiss cottage now.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kelki

Are there any trainees or Arriva drivers who know how annual leave works during training. I know that it is allocated but is there a rough timing as to when during the training months, like when in summer. It’s not a big deal just my family have started their usual summer discussions, I know I’m most likely going to have to sit this one out which isn’t an issue, thanks.

T-Karmel

Are there any trainees or Arriva drivers who know how annual leave works during training. I know that it is allocated but is there a rough timing as to when during the training months, like when in summer. It’s not a big deal just my family have started their usual summer discussions, I know I’m most likely going to have to sit this one out which isn’t an issue, thanks.
It's planned out for the course and you'll find out on day 1 or 2 as you'll get the plan of your training. It's just planned around other courses (there'll be 4 courses at the same time, all starting at diffrent times) so they don't collide with each other, and with trainers schedules.

And even then you need to be careful with your plans, as there's always potential for a change of schedule throughout the course, it did happen before and was done very last minute. If they'll need to move the AL week for a reason, they won't be looking at the trainees and their plans, they'll just move it.

Kelki

It's planned out for the course and you'll find out on day 1 or 2 as you'll get the plan of your training. It's just planned around other courses (there'll be 4 courses at the same time, all starting at diffrent times) so they don't collide with each other, and with trainers schedules.

And even then you need to be careful with your plans, as there's always potential for a change of schedule throughout the course, it did happen before and was done very last minute. If they'll need to move the AL week for a reason, they won't be looking at the trainees and their plans, they'll just move it.
Thanks Mate.

SLR

Hi everyone. Has anyone received an invite to stage 2 at the OPC? The way I read the email was that we would be sitting the VSE again even though we already did that at home. Anyone know if we do? The reason I ask is because I personally find that the hardest test and was relieved to get it out the way!

Samzino

Hi everyone. Has anyone received an invite to stage 2 at the OPC? The way I read the email was that we would be sitting the VSE again even though we already did that at home. Anyone know if we do? The reason I ask is because I personally find that the hardest test and was relieved to get it out the way!
A candidate here did mention they sat it again in supervision for Arriva stage 2 User Reference Here

SLR

Yes I paid for some material from a trainee driver site. It’s good but the symbols are very different to the actual test. Good to get some practise in though. Give me a bourdon test any day over this!

moonie95

Yes I paid for some material from a trainee driver site. It’s good but the symbols are very different to the actual test. Good to get some practise in though. Give me a bourdon test any day over this!
Haha yeah, I rather do the bourdon. Could you pm me the material you using for vse

And is the material any good?

SLR

If you go to trainee train driver and search for “dynamic visual search awareness and comparison test”.