• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Travelcard Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

me123

Established Member
I've got very little experience in dealing with travelcards, so bear with me if this is a basic question. I think it is.

I'm be travelling to the London Challenge next Saturday. I'll be flying into Gatwick and out of Heathrow the same day. My plan was to use the local (ex-?)Thameslink services to get from Gatwick to St Pancras, do the challenge (which requires a Zone 1-6 travel card), and return to Heathrow on the tube that evening for my flight home. I hold a 16-25 railcard.

The best ticket I've come up with would be the Super Off-Peak Day Travelcard from Gatwick Airport to London Zones 1-6. As far as I can see, that covers everything I need to do and is absolutely brilliant value at just £8, with the railcard! Obviously, I wouldn't need the return portion which could be discarded.

I doubt there's any better fares, but I just want to confirm that that ticket will allow me to do all the travel I need. It just seems like the fare is too good to be true (for London, anyway).

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
Sounds absolutely perfect, and you can undoubtedly do everything you need.

James Wake

That is indeed the perfect ticket for you, it is issued as one coupon, so just keep using it all day and don't throw it away, hopefully the barriers wont have problems.

Also, when you get a TL to St Pancras, there are two an hour which go fast to East Croydon, and two that stop at Redhill, Merstham, Coulsdon South and Purley. I would advise you to get one of the faster ones, usually they leave from platform 4 at Gatwick.

me123

Established Member
Cheers, thanks very much.

Just seemed too good to be true!

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Cheers, thanks very much.

Just seemed too good to be true!

At the same price as a zone 1-6 travelcard it is amazing value. GTR must make very little on that ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.