• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Victoria to Bexleyheath on morning of Fri 31 March, i.e morning after strike day

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmpbedford

Hi all,

I need to make an important visit to Bexleyheath on the morning of Friday 31st March. The plan is to take the 07:37 from London Victoria, arriving Bexleyheath 08:19. However, this is morning after a strike day. Do any forum users know if services on this line are likely to be back to normal, or normal-ish, by this point that morning? How have things been the morning after recent strike days?

Sincere thanks to anyone who can offer any advice or the benefit of their experience on this.

Best wishes
rmpbedford

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class800

Established Member
My experience is this is unlikely - last time (that I checked timetables) the service started at 12.00. There's not much option other than waiting. Unless you want to get bus 53 from Waterloo station to Woolwich, changing for a 96 to Bexleyheath - this would take 2 hours!

sonic2009

Established Member

MotCO

Established Member
Would it be better to catch Crossrail to Abbey Wood, and bus from there?

Edit:Route 301 take 15 minutes every 15 minutes.

Class800

Established Member
Would it be better to catch Crossrail to Abbey Wood, and bus from there?

Edit:Route 301 take 15 minutes every 15 minutes.
That's an option - a bit roundabout but could work - but I am presuming no Elizabeth line until 12 out of an abundance of caution, as final information not released yet

JonathanH

Veteran Member
That's an option - a bit roundabout but could work - but I am presuming no Elizabeth line until 12 out of an abundance of caution, as final information not released yet
Why? The Elizabeth Line started, at normal times on Friday. Remember that a) there is no Network Rail strike on 30 March and b) MTR Crossrail drivers are not on strike.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers

Why not? The Elizabeth line is only affected by Network Rail RMT strikes due to signallers on strike. Even then it doesn't affect Paddington - Abbey Wood.

Class800

Established Member
Why not? The Elizabeth line is only affected by Network Rail RMT strikes due to signallers on strike. Even then it doesn't affect Paddington - Abbey Wood.
Because I have seen posters in the past saying it isn't running due to RMT strike. No one knows the full picture yet. If Elizabeth line is running, I would say a bus from Woolwich or Abbey Wood to Bexleyheath is best. I know the 96 best (Woolwich to Bexleyheath)

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Because I have seen posters in the past saying it isn't running due to RMT strike. No one knows the full picture yet. If Elizabeth line is running, I would say a bus from Woolwich or Abbey Wood to Bexleyheath is best. I know the 96 best (Woolwich to Bexleyheath)

No but on this specific point we do - the Elizabeth line will be unaffected. I agree that "RMT strike" is unclear, but it is only TOC staff striking this time around, and the Elizabeth line is not in dispute in any shape or form.

Veteran Member
This Friday just gone. 17th March this service ran from London Bridge.
And was preceded by a Cannon St service which ran to time.
It is not clear what happened to the 0807 ex Victoria as it is only recorded from Lewisham onwards.

If the later arrival at Bexleyheath is acceptable, I would make my way to London Br to give both options, and assume a similar timetable.

paul1609

Established Member
I had to go up to London for a hospital appointment last Thursday passing through Bexleyheath. I took the 96 bus from Blueswater to Woolwich Arsenal and the DLR to Bank, wasnt the fastest journey but went reasonably smoothly cost £4.35 with contactless off peak. The DLR station is about 100 yards from the bus stop.

Class800

Established Member
DLR is another good option. Sorry I didn't think of some of the options! A bit tired. I live 50% of time near Woolwich so know it well. There's also a bus 422, but I avoid it as I always get muddled between it and the 486 which go between the same pair of destinations via very different routes! I know the 96 very well.

Kite159

Veteran Member
The strikes in a couple of weeks time will be interesting to see what sort of service is planned to run by those operators who run DOO services, like South Eastern on the metro services. Will it be a near normal service on the DOO routes with a limited service on the guarded routes?

Biggest impact will most likely be dispatch staff at the London stations & the other stations. Unless they risk some drivers refusing to cross the picket lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.