• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Long Rock and St Erth works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Requeststop

Unfortunately I didn't have my phone with me to take evidence but I noticed over the last weekend that three new sidings tracks are being laid at Long Rock to the western (Penzance)side of the Depot and that at long last, the ground is being prepared for the installation of the lifts at St Erth.

Apologies if this has been posted earlier, I looked but couldn't find any threads concerning the works.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
I think the closed original discussion thread about the new sidings, based on the 2022 Network Rail PR announcement when work started, has one of those odd titles where you’d never find it again by searching:

Google Streetview as updated in Jul 2023 shows ballast sleepers and rails nearing Ponsondane footbridge, but the aerial view is not updated yet. I’ll try and add a link:

Last edited:

TRXsouth

Thank you for the Streetview link - I have then looked at the satellite view of the wider area. Just out of interest, is there a reason for just a single running track west of the Long Rock level crossing, as the northerly of the pair of tracks presumably only serves depot traffic? To what extent does this section of single track restrict the timetabling of services in and out of Penzance station, or indeed in and out of the depot or sidings?

Status
Not open for further replies.