• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Long waits at Larbert & Camelon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wtloild

I've been travelling from Stirling to Camelon & back every day for the last couple of weeks.
I've noticed that every day, the southbound train waits for a couple of minutes at Camelon before restarting (enough time for me to cross over the footbridge, walk off long exit ramp & cross over the nearby road-bridge).
Similarly, the return train pauses a similar length of time at Larbert.
In each case, the signal is green.
Wondered if anyone knew the reason for such long waits at relatively minor stations.
Is it just faster EMUs (365s) working to a DMU timetable?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DuncanS

Only introduced in December though, its bizarre that they moved the departure time for certain trains from Stirling to Edinburgh to 3 minutes earlier but then waste that 3 minutes sitting at Camelon station. Train still leaves Camelon at exactly the same time it did pre-December.

berneyarms

Established Member
Perhaps the engineering allowance will be needed at a point later in the timetable period?

The Planner

Veteran Member
Engineering allowance rarely gets moved, it shouldn't be used for fudging margins or adjustments for junctions either but it invariably does.

Status
Not open for further replies.