• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LOROL - Trainee Train Driver - New Cross Gate

Status
Not open for further replies.

stallion

Thank you 30common. They said as soon as the medical comes back they will send a contract out. They are trying to get enough people to fill a course up in July. If there isn't enough for it there will be a course starting in September. (I'm hoping July though)

Hey how was the line manager interview? any different from the interview at the assessment centre?? even when i am typing i am getting nervous!!! :o

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Seaza

The line manager interview felt really relaxed and they were really friendly. Its different to the MMI, but the same competencies are required. When is your assessment centre
Hey how was the line manager interview? any different from the interview at the assessment centre?? even when i am typing i am getting nervous!!! :o

stallion

The line manager interview felt really relaxed and they were really friendly. Its different to the MMI, but the same competencies are required. When is your assessment centre

on the 28th may. this coming tuesday!!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
and does anyone who has recently been to the 2nd stage assessment centre has any information about the GLOP test??? i mean if its the same test maybe we can help each other by remembering some questions or answers on the test. that could be a great help to anyone.

Seaza

Well good luck for Tuesday.......

There isn't really any point in remembering the information for GLOP now you are likely to forget the details or mix up the answer. Listen to the text on the day and make the notes on the piece of paper and revise it. Thats what they expect you to do and its how the mind learns.

stallion

no probs seaza. thanks for he advice. i guess i am bit nervous. thats all. i will do exactly what they want. i will just listen read and make notes and then do the test. :) thank you man :D
hey people just came back from 2nd assessment. mann it was intense. but i passed the 2hand coordination, square test , trp1 and trp2. done my mmi and the vse test. now need to wait for them to call me tell wether i passed the interview and the vse. :D fingers crossed.
there was only 4 people in the assessment centre 2 for LOROL and the other two to another company. :D such a small group. i was expecting some big group!!!!

Seaza

Well done for passing it! I'm found out the result of the MMI within 5 days. Got my date for the medical, just hoping it all goes fine.

stallion

Thanks man!!! Still waiting. I suppose it will be next week.
Well done to you again SEAZ. train driving is, I believe, is fantastic career opportunity.

Tibbins

And here I am still waiting to hear back after applying for the job lol how stressful has it been applying for this job and going though these test? Well done to everyone who got it!

Seaza

Just hang it there. There were 18 positions available, and there is definatly a course running in September so plenty of time for the assessments.

Tibbins

Oh that's cool to know, it must feel so good to be at the stage your on now all them test over with. Just from reading all the stressful test you guys have gone though must feel such a wait of your backs

stallion

I passed all my mandatory tests but failed LOROL VSE test :((( DONT KNOW HOW I FAILED THAT!!???don't know if I can aapply for other companies.?

Seaza

Sorry to hear that mate. On the bright side you passed all the mandatory tests which means you haven't failed, so as soon as other positions come available with TOC's get your application in.

I hated the VSE, I surprised myself that I passed it.

stallion

Sorry to hear that mate. On the bright side you passed all the mandatory tests which means you haven't failed, so as soon as other positions come available with TOC's get your application in.

I hated the VSE, I surprised myself that I passed it.

Can I apply to other train companies now SEAZA?? Or do I have to wait 6 months?
I know :))

Seaza

Not too sure about that. I'm sure if you use google to search the forum you will find the answer.

Just got back from the medical, all seemed to go pretty well just got to wait on the drugs test I think.

tim.tin

On Moderation
Can I apply to other train companies now SEAZA?? Or do I have to wait 6 months?
I know :))

Yes you can mate so don't wait!

Only LOROL & MTR require the VSE but it's not a requirement set by RSSB so if you've passed all the other tests then you've passed the "Trainee Train Driver Psychometric Tests".

stallion

Yes you can mate so don't wait!

Only LOROL & MTR require the VSE but it's not a requirement set by RSSB so if you've passed all the other tests then you've passed the "Trainee Train Driver Psychometric Tests".

Thanks dude!!! Will see what I can do but it seems no company recruiting now
you know i got a message from lorol which saying i can't apply to other train operating companies. whats that about??? i think the lady who sent me the message has got it wrong. but again i am not an expert my self. as far as i know if you apply to another company it should be ok. need to look into it further. i have this feeling i can't apply to other companies until 6 months.

Twedds74

Yes you can apply to other toc's, just not the same one for 6 months. Well that's how I understand it.

Tibbins

Stallion I feel for you man. These tests will make or break people by the sounds of them. I too am a bus driver and looking to move on from that to trains but from reading these comments about all these tests really makes me feel really anxious. I just hope all the tests you done are relevant to the job. I can't stand tests which are crap like "two train leave station C at the same time what time will blah blah"

stallion

Stallion I feel for you man. These tests will make or break people by the sounds of them. I too am a bus driver and looking to move on from that to trains but from reading these comments about all these tests really makes me feel really anxious. I just hope all the tests you done are relevant to the job. I can't stand tests which are crap like "two train leave station C at the same time what time will blah blah"

if you have test coming up don't worry about. its ok. they are not hard just intense. in the sense you just need to concentrate a lot. just revise and do as much preparation as you can. i am actually ok. i have passes all my mandatory test. i don't need to do the tests again. but the only problem is, i think, i have to wait 6 months to reapply to other companies. if train companies who don't do the VSE test i can just apply and start training, if they don't have their own tests. and the interview of course. so i have done well. :) i am happy that tests are over for me. need any help just message me. will try my best to help

Yes you can apply to other toc's, just not the same one for 6 months. Well that's how I understand it.

thats what i thought but i am not sure. will try to find out. this is the email i got

-------------
Unfortunately, on this occasion you have not been successful.

If you wish to re-apply to us or to another rail company, you will be able to do so once six months have elapsed and if we are advertising for the role.

Please note that as per the railway standards, any applicant who fails part of the assessment process twice is prohibited from completing the process again.

We wish you all the best in your search for employment.

Tibbins

Thanks a lot mate, but at this time I still haven't heard anything back yet. Might look into emailing them.

Seaza

Passed the medical, got told they are sending the contract out tomorrow so it should be here by the end of the week. Got a start date of the end of July.

Val3ntine

Im still waiting to hear back from my initial application, cant even remember how long now, i think since april? I really would have thought if it was a rejection i would have been informed by now, but then again people have got start dates so im really confused. Anyone else in the same boat as me or had a rejection email??

Tibbins

That must be such an amazing feeling getting this job! Time to party I'd say! Well done to you!

TrainRookie

I applied in March still haven't heard back yet has anyone else heard back negatively or is it just a case of if you don't hear back assume you've not got selected ?

Tibbins

I'm still waiting to hear back from them but was told on here there's another course running in September. So fingers crossed we might hear something soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.