• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Losing place in old topics

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwin_m

Veteran Member
I've noticed in the last few weeks that when I look at a topic I haven't looked at for a couple of months (at a guess) it takes me back to the very first post. I'm pretty sure before that it either remembered indefinitely where I last looked or just displayed posts from the last week or so. The latter seems a better option to me, as usually only go back to an older thread if someone else has posted something new. Has the forum behavior been changed or is there a setting somewhere I can use to change it back?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bearhugger

I think that it is 30 days since you last read a thread, but can't remember where I read that. Just had a very quick look in my settings and can't see an option to change it.

Crossover

Established Member
The data of what posts are read is, I believe, retained for 28 days and cannot be changed. Has been the same for quite some time

@Mojo - are you able to clarify please?

Status
Not open for further replies.