• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lothian Buses and ECB Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

FS-2-11

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

overthewater

Established Member
Do I get a partial refund on my Ridacard to compensate? There's no way First would accede to any demand from the council for interoperability of ticketing as a condition of the tender, so the change represents a dilution of Ridacard validity, especially for people who work in the Gyle/Edinburgh Park area.

Firstly no, because its tender service, even if that has happened elsewhere, it doesn't mean it can happen here. also council could infact do that if it made clear within the tender..

However no: this change has not diluted Ridacard validity, because its a council service that has nothing to do with Lothian.

FS-2-11

Firstly no, because its tender service, even if that has happened elsewhere, it doesn't mean it can happen here. also council could infact do that if it made clear within the tender..

However no: this change has not diluted Ridacard validity, because its a council service that has nothing to do with Lothian.
Theoretical question: I'm at the Gyle Centre stance and a 20 or 63 shows up, now operated by First. If I'm travelling to Edinburgh Park station or Bankhead, as I've done many times in the past, what happens?

JamboCommuter

Theoretical question: I'm at the Gyle Centre stance and a 20 or 63 shows up, now operated by First. If I'm travelling to Edinburgh Park station or Bankhead, as I've done many times in the past, what happens?
You could use your Ridacard on the tram to either destination. Probably be faster than the bus.

FS-2-11

You could use your Ridacard on the tram to either destination. Probably be faster than the bus.
Touché ;) However my point about dilution still holds:
Previously (i.e. now) I can use my Ridacard on the 20 and 63.
In future I won't be able to.

TheEastCoaster

Established Member

You could also get the 2 and 36 to either of those destinations too as they are both ran by Lothian

scotrail158713

Established Member
You buy the appropriate ticket for your journey from First?

JamboCommuter

Touché ;) However my point about dilution still holds:
Previously (i.e. now) I can use my Ridacard on the 20 and 63.
In future I won't be able to.
Fair point. I agree it's a bit of a bummer paying for something no longer being provided!

LiviCrazy

Do I get a partial refund on my Ridacard to compensate? There's no way First would accede to any demand from the council for interoperability of ticketing as a condition of the tender, so the change represents a dilution of Ridacard validity, especially for people who work in the Gyle/Edinburgh Park area.
Pay an extra fiver a month and you can travel in the same zone with a One Ticket valid on almost all operators.

LiviCrazy

Cancel your Ridacard and invest in a OneTicket. £68 quid for 28 days, works on all operators in the Edinburgh area and has zones from Dundee right down to Berwick upon Tweed.

https://www.one-ticket.co.uk/
Beaten to it. Sorry. Though looking at their website it’s £65 for the Edinburgh Zone One Ticket

Although, on that point, is it just me or should councils be promoting the One Ticket more. It’s a joint scheme by the councils yet they don’t really publicise it. Especially in West Lothian with the current competition you would think this would have been prime time to promote it heavily.

Last edited:

Auld reekie

That a fair point especially if you have purchased a yearly Ridacard.

Edirim

Recently went upto £68 - website should be updated in due course I'd imagine.

Prime time to promote it indeed.
Lothian and first have some internal adverts for the product but nothing more beyond that... Lothians twitter failed to even mention it when a customer asked about a First/LB ticket.
Makes me think the lack of publicity will be something to do with how the ticket sales are split up across the operators...not enough in it for them perhaps?

LiviCrazy

Lothian and first have some internal adverts for the product but nothing more beyond that... Lothians twitter failed to even mention it when a customer asked about a First/LB ticket.
Makes me think the lack of publicity will be something to do with how the ticket sales are split up across the operators...not enough in it for them perhaps?
Would never expect the bus companies to promote it. However, the councils should be. They should have small posters in every bus stop beside the council produced timetables. Sharing it through their social media platforms.

Despite being a bit poorly ran, it’s a great scheme and great value for passengers that want to have flexibility.

Auld reekie

Never knew that particular card existed.

Mal

Cancel your Ridacard and invest in a OneTicket. £68 quid for 28 days, works on all operators in the Edinburgh area and has zones from Dundee right down to Berwick upon Tweed.

https://www.one-ticket.co.uk/
Many thanks for that. I never knew it existed so i'll get one next time I come back up to Edinburgh. Are there any time restrictions on the tickets does anyone know?

herb21

Many thanks for that. I never knew it existed so i'll get one next time I come back up to Edinburgh. Are there any time restrictions on the tickets does anyone know?
I think it doesnt work on the tram.

Edirim

No tram, no Nightbuses and no travel into the Edinburgh Airport higher fare zone but otherwise a great bargin.

etetetetet

Knew someone would get a photo. Wonder if the others will come back. Maybe this vehicle is just on test for the day. I have noticed its not moving on the tracker anymore?
It'll have stopped because the last service ends just before 6

scosutsut

I wonder if 287 is like my work phone. As it's different to everything I own if I lose the charger it just sits in the corner until I find it again!

Bus9120UK

Established Member
Bus 923 was involved in a collision with a pedestrian. The front windscreen was damaged. (not my photo, I got it from EEN)
b25lY21zOjNmMjRkYmRmLThiODktNGIxZC1iNTg1LTIwZDdmNzRhZTk5Nzo3ZjM4MzMxOC0wZWY0LTRjYjgtOTlhZC1hOWE1OTcz.png

Status
Not open for further replies.