• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU advertises for Schedule Compilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LU_timetabler

All I know is there's been over 400 applications. So it is not going to be super-fast, as there's a fair bit of short-listing to do. My only advice is don't be impatient. Just let things happen as they come along, and don't try to second guess the timeline. There are a number of vacancies, rather than just 1.

Nym

Established Member
They're only offering £34k?
Chances are that's a Band 3 Level A, role so won't even be able to include overtime. For a role in Palestra that really isn't a lot of money.

RJ

Established Member
They're only offering £34k?
Chances are that's a Band 3 Level A, role so won't even be able to include overtime. For a role in Palestra that really isn't a lot of money.

A lot of people are quite happy not working overtime and that particular role offers a fantastic work/life balance. I've never heard anybody complain about the pay or T&Cs.

The salary on offer is above the national median and is, in my opinion, very good for a trainee positon.

Last edited:

THC

I did my work experience in the LU Timetable Office back in 1987. A great bunch of characters to work with, they even let me back for the summer holidays! Fondly remembered.

THC

Nym

Established Member
A lot of people are quite happy not working overtime and that particular role offers a fantastic work/life balance. I've never heard anybody complain about the pay or T&Cs.

The salary on offer is above the national median and is, in my opinion, very good for a trainee positon.
For a trainee position that is indeed very good, surprising they're not trying to recruit apprentice positions for it if that's the case. I didn't see trainee in the job description though.

LU_timetabler

For a trainee position that is indeed very good, surprising they're not trying to recruit apprentice positions for it if that's the case. I didn't see trainee in the job description though.
All people appointed will be trainee status for one year, whilst they go through the training programme. No overtime, but there is flexitime.

Roger1973

Does anyone know what is happening with this?

I did put an application in, and have done two rounds of online tests (the most recent being mid December)

Logging in to TFL jobs website, it shows "Submission Status: Completed – Updated: 20-Jan-21"

I haven't had any communication since mid December, so not obvious what happened on 20 January.

I don't want to annoy them by making contact and asking what's happening, but also don't want to miss out if a letter or e-mail hasn't reached me for some reason.

LU_timetabler

Does anyone know what is happening with this?

I did put an application in, and have done two rounds of online tests (the most recent being mid December)

Logging in to TFL jobs website, it shows "Submission Status: Completed – Updated: 20-Jan-21"

I haven't had any communication since mid December, so not obvious what happened on 20 January.

I don't want to annoy them by making contact and asking what's happening, but also don't want to miss out if a letter or e-mail hasn't reached me for some reason.
Shortlisting ongoing at the moment

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.