• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Night Tube Train Operator - Part Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

utternoob

I sent them an email about it.

Also in my TFL profile page it says submission status completed?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

martin2345uk

Established Member
I just did the online SJT too, and haven't received any kind of confirmation - though the page itself is listing the status of the task as "completed" so not overly worried just yet!

Edit: strike that, the confirmation email just arrived!

Last edited:

SheikG

Does anybody know if the SJT can be done on a phone or a tablet? Only because my laptop has been damaged since the weekend and I don't fancy doing it in a noisy Internet Cafe!

martin2345uk

Established Member
Does anybody know if the SJT can be done on a phone or a tablet? Only because my laptop has been damaged since the weekend and I don't fancy doing it in a noisy Internet Cafe!

I just tried doing the "practice" SJT on my phone and it worked fine for me. Try it out, the practice one doesn't count for anything :)

up1989

You must be on the Picc?! Only 13 weeks for me (was meant to be 12 but road test got cancelled).

It was 16 weeks for me on the northern only had one road test spent the last week leading up to my road test doing 'class room' learning in the depot due to lack of io's. It was a fun 16 weeks tho, all the Io's were great, just a shame that there weren't enough to go around!

chooochoooo

Just completed assessment.without tempting fate, i found it easier than the govia GTR one i did a couple of weeks ago. There were though a couple of questions where i could see 2 right answers,if you get what i mean.bit tricky just went with my gut instinct

hi, so if my current bus driving manager was in agreement, and i didn't exceed driving hours, i could still do 2/3 shifts on the buses during the early part of the week ?

Lrd

Established Member
hi, so if my current bus driving manager was in agreement, and i didn't exceed driving hours, i could still do 2/3 shifts on the buses during the early part of the week ?
As long as it's not TfL then yeah that's fine, in fact, it's what I do :)

You can't have two contracts with TfL. And you have to have enough rest to satisfy both LU and buses.

As long as it's not TfL then yeah that's fine, in fact, it's what I do :)

You can't have two contracts with TfL. And you have to have enough rest to satisfy both LU and buses.

right..thats what i've heard. my current job is with a bus company under tfl, but we are not employed by them directly, so should be good.thanks

Lrd

Established Member
how do you find doing the two ? would you do the tubes full time if it was available ?
I'm guessing you were replying to me. It's going well but i have a good boss who helps me out a lot and I'm only on a zero hour contract so can take a week off if i wanted to.

Did anyone else get invited to complete online assessments yet ?

I'm guessing you were replying to me. It's going well but i have a good boss who helps me out a lot and I'm only on a zero hour contract so can take a week off if i wanted to.

yep, i was. and thanks for the response. so, to confirm, your other job is on the buses ?
At my garage, they are always looking for drivers for overtime, so work mon to wedns/thurs shouldn't be a problem.
thanks again..

RJ

Established Member
Looks like a nice job opportunity but I won't be applying, because I enjoy driving rail replacement buses too much on weekends to sign them away on a permanent basis! Good luck to those who go for it!

chooochoooo

Lrd may i ask when did you start your train position part time? How long has it been? Are there any opportunities for you to go full time? Have you had any?

The reason im asking is while 24k is very decent for 2 days a week, i wouldnt be so happy doing this come 5 years down the line when ive got a mortgage to pay and im still hopping around doing 2 jobs lol

martin2345uk

Established Member
Well the postings still active so I guess they don't have enough suitable applicants yet..?

chris11256

I remember last time they had several thousand applicants. Although this time there aren't as many vacancies.

Al8oy

They're not messing around. Applied 2 days ago and today I got an invite for assessment day/interview next Wednesday.

martin2345uk

Established Member
Congrats on getting through the first stage! Sadly doesn't bode at all well for me though as I applied on Sunday and heard nothing so far! :(

Sheridan

They're not messing around. Applied 2 days ago and today I got an invite for assessment day/interview next Wednesday.

Well done. Out of interest did you submit a cover letter or any other documents, or just a CV?

chris11256

I wouldn't put too much though into response time. Last time it was a month & a half from online test to AC1. With people who applied after me, getting emails earlier.

Last edited:

Al8oy

Well done. I didn't think LU did the AC1/AC2 on the same day.

The response was not clear. I was invited for an interview via email. After I booked it online I got a confirmation email and it said this:

On the Day of your Assessment Event

For this assessment you will be required to do a Following Information, Understanding Information and Error ID test as well as a SCAAT test.

You should be with us for around 4 hours in total.

If you are successful at this stage you will be invited to complete a second stage assessment which will involve a communication exercise and a competency based interview.

It's not clear whether the 2nd stage is same day or another day.

chris11256

The response was not clear. I was invited for an interview via email. After I booked it online I got a confirmation email and it said this:

On the Day of your Assessment Event

For this assessment you will be required to do a Following Information, Understanding Information and Error ID test as well as a SCAAT test.

You should be with us for around 4 hours in total.

If you are successful at this stage you will be invited to complete a second stage assessment which will involve a communication exercise and a competency based interview.

It's not clear whether the 2nd stage is same day or another day.

Ahh ok. You'll do Stage 1 on the day you've booked. Stage 2 will then be a future date.

Status
Not open for further replies.