• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU1938TS Special Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

Established Member
Following the Upminster Open Weekend, the 1938 stock needs to travel back to Acton Town.

The LT museum are running it in service from Upminster to Eailing Broadway, via High Street Kensington (reverse).

http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/whatson/121.aspx

Journey details

Departs Upminster Platform 5 at 19:45
Arrives High Street Kensington Platform 2 at 21:19
Departs High street Kensington at 21:21
Arrves Ealing Broadway at 22:02

Please note, there will be a photo opportunity at Whitechapel platform 4 from 20:35 until 20:48 and reverse at High Street Kensington platform 2 at 21:19.

The train will be at High Street Kensington platform 2 to reverse at 21:19 but passengers will not be able to get on or off the train.

Please meet at Upminster station at least 15 minutes before the train is due to depart and have your ticket ready for inspection.

Due to the nature of running heritage trains, this journey time may be subject to minor change or cancellation.

Hopefully I'll be stewarding on this, (fingers crossed)!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CCF23

Thanks for that information Daniel I'll try to get to Upminster to see it.

Class 33

Established Member
Thanks for that info. £20 for a two hour journey on that beauty isn't too bad atall. I'm going to snap up a ticket for this I think.

Last edited:

Daniel

Established Member
No problem, also don't forget Upminster depot is open itself tomorrow and Sunday to the public :)

For the benefit of anyone who's interested, the train is being turned at High Street Kensington as the unit ended up the wrong way round after the Northern line railtour when it went around the Kennington loop. :)

fgwrich

Established Member
Im Back...after a few weeks down in the west country and up on the Wherry Lines...

Sounds interesting - might do this one if i can afford it...£20 for a 2 hour trip across london in the '38 stock dosent sound that bad...and ill certainly be at upminster this sunday...but one thing i abit puzzled about - The Northern Line trip - why does the unit have to be turned at kensington ?

Admittedly though i shant be doing the Acton depot open weekend unless im required to this year...the amount of times ive been, im starting to know the place inside out;)

rich

No problem, also don't forget Upminster depot is open itself tomorrow and Sunday to the public :)

For the benefit of anyone who's interested, the train is being turned at High Street Kensington as the unit ended up the wrong way round after the Northern line railtour when it went around the Kennington loop. :)

Daniel

Established Member
It didn't have to be turned in the Kennington loop, it went around there as it isn't normally used for passengers - it was a nice little extra. However, having done it, it is now the wrong way around, so I believe the opportunity is simply being taken to turn it round again.

fgwrich

Established Member
It didn't have to be turned in the Kennington loop, it went around there as it isn't normally used for passengers - it was a nice little extra. However, having done it, it is now the wrong way around, so I believe the opportunity is simply being taken to turn it round again.
Ok thanks....Was on the last trip of the day - and was hoping to do the set back to ealing broadway...but was told at russel square that the train was full:|hopefully if i can afford this trip then...

rich

Class 33

Established Member
Have booked my ticket on this one. Roll on next Friday!

Will this 1938 tube stock be doing other special runs in the near future?

Also is there other old tube stock that do special runs too? I would love to ride on a 1962 Central Line stock again, but I don't think they have any left in a fit state for passenger use. Or the old Picadilly or Northern Line stock too.

These old tube trains are so much better than the modern day stock in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.