• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lumo - Apprentice Customer Driver - Newcastle (13/03/24)

jackmax

When you say a natural extension From the previous assessments....what do you mean.

I have completed the same assessments which were mostly questions about data comparisons on data sheets where you had to find the errors.

I'm guessing there will be questions along the lines of "what do you know about first group" etc.

And probably asking why you want the role and what you can bring to it.

Anyone actually sat it recently and have any examples. Thankyou.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WF4HA5HE

Anyone heard back from their video interview. The email says the team will review them on a first come first served basis so sounds like we should find out fairly quickly?

mstuart1

How long did it take from doing the situational judgement questions and error checking to the to the interview?

dpw24

How long did it take from doing the situational judgement questions and error checking to the to the interview?
Mine was instantaneous IE - completed both assessments then they immediately asked me to complete the pre-record video interview. I'd imagine they'll ask succesful candidates to book a F2F interview once they've sifted through all applications.

I'm actually just about to complete the pre-record interview now and unclear whether it'll be more situational questions (as in the assessment) or traditional job interview stuff which I'm currently preparing for ('what do you know about the company?', 'what will you bring to the role?' etc). If anyone has any insight they want to share that would be great, thanks!

As a side - does anyone know how many roles they actually have available? I assume their intake is more than one at a time?

Irish Rail

It’s crazy that people ask for insight or what to expect for interview questions. As if people will give you an advantage over their own application.

WF4HA5HE

As a side - does anyone know how many roles they actually have available? I assume their intake is more than one at a time?
Given the limited number of services lumo operate and the fact they hired all their current drivers off the street (apparently) only around 3 year ago I'd be surprised if there was anymore then 3 places maximum. I wouldn't be surprised if it was only 1-2 tho.

Nick82

Given the limited number of services lumo operate and the fact they hired all their current drivers off the street (apparently)
Incorrect, there are a good number of Ex Metro and Qualified Drivers at LUMO who were recruited.

only around 3 year ago I'd be surprised if there was anymore then 3 places maximum. I wouldn't be surprised if it was only 1-2 tho.
Given its an extra from Dec and an extension to Glasgow (Potentially) I belive they require more than 3 however some have already been recruited internally and 1 or 2 qualified positions already moved across. 3 or 4 for this recruitment drive sounds about right.

WF4HA5HE

Incorrect, there are a good number of Ex Metro and Qualified Drivers at LUMO who were recruited.

Given its an extra from Dec and an extension to Glasgow (Potentially) I belive they require more than 3 however some have already been recruited internally and 1 or 2 qualified positions already moved across. 3 or 4 for this recruitment drive sounds about right.
Fair enough you learn something new everyday.

WF4HA5HE

Indeed lol

Metros might as well be classed trainees as its not the same as Qualified lol
I'm surprised they are hiring apprentices though. Didn't they have a qualified driver recruitment ad out just a few months ago. Surley loads of drivers applied for that especially Northern drivers at Newcastle?

Nick82

Indeed, the recruited internally firstly, then a Qualified advert then when that closed this current advert.
From what I've heard a fair few from a range of TOCs got knocked back...only LUMO will know what that's the case

WF4HA5HE

Indeed, the recruited internally firstly, then a Qualified advert then when that closed this current advert.
From what I've heard a fair few from a range of TOCs got knocked back...only LUMO will know what that's the case
I mean...... im not complaining because it's allowed me to apply lol.

WF4HA5HE

Nothing, last email was the one saying they should get a reply by the 19th. I'm guessing now it will either be Monday or they need longer to shortlist.

Pacer Hater

I'm so desperate for a crack at this one, I can't stop checking my emails. Quite love the idea of being able to lodge in London for work, going to my favourite spots near kings Cross before crossing back over to Newcastle

WF4HA5HE

Does anyone know what the next steps are for Lumo after video interview? Is it another round of shortlisting or does it go to DMI next?

Schecter92

Sad times, I was really looking forward to make it at least through the first round. But nope that's me out of this one. Got the email this morning. Fingers crossed the position does not appear again within 6 months, I'd be gutted not being able to have another go at it.

tails84

I was also unfortunate this time. Really got my hopes up this time as I knew people had received rejection emails earlier. Always next time.

Samzino

I’d check whether it’s a no or a No, but added to talent pool.
I believe these results are for the video interview stage which if I'm not wrong is before the Psychometric Testing and DMI. Would be unusual to have a talent pool right before those two if it's a manual sift after the application sift.