• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lumo - new Open Access operator on the East Coast Main Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
The inbound ECS is now running 10 late, so looks as though there will be even less time to sort out reservations :rolleyes:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Thumper1127

The inbound ECS is now running 10 late, so looks as though there will be even less time to sort out reservations :rolleyes:
But there’s reversing time and a bit of pathing allowance.

We are onboard the 0911! Not long passed Berwick! Very zoony trains. Staff are super friendly! Got our pre ordered bacon rolls almost straight away. Plenty of big cheeses from first group wandering up and down. 3 customer ambassadors working the train.
What’s the loading like, busy?

Kilmarnocklad

But there’s reversing time and a bit of pathing allowance.

What’s the loading like, busy?
Coach d where I am approx 50% only showing 3 green lights for completely unreserved seats. Quite a few Edinburgh to kings cross reservations 2ith noone sat at them!

Darandio

Established Member
Still going to be late in by my reckoning

Looks that way to me. Now 2J51 has moved over at Finsbury Park it will probably get a run in behind the Thameslink but will be a few minutes down.

Edit*

As I say that the train has magically jumped to an adjacent line on the diagram i'm watching. These new guys are good! :lol:

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Lots of legroom. The tables extend out and are excellent for using a laptop. Armrests are very narrow (though decently padded); I can imagine passive aggressive disagreements ensuing about the middle armrest! :lol:

The seat base is definitely better padded than the normal IEP seat but the fact it's angled backwards (front is higher than the back) means it's slightly cutting off the blood flow to my legs!

I'll reserve full judgment until we get to Kings Cross.

Last edited:

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
Pleasantly surprised to see my former colleague on the trolley on the southbound!

Yes the staff are all very pleasant and the seats are certainly more comfortable than the usual Fainsa fare.

zero

1 or 2 few empty seats in coach A

Several people with anytime tickets were asked to move by other passengers but sat elsewhere in this coach - which means there must be some no shows

hexagon789

Veteran Member
1 or 2 few empty seats in coach A

Several people with anytime tickets were asked to move by other passengers but sat elsewhere in this coach - which means there must be some no shows
Same on the southbound it appears, a good few no shows.

zero

Moved to coach D and there are lots more empty seats - lots of seat pairs only have one passenger except in A.

Should have just got a table from boarding time as all the good seats are now taken

Part of the reason for this trip was to do York avoiding line so will have to look out from the doors as I have no window

malc-c

Looks that way to me. Now 2J51 has moved over at Finsbury Park it will probably get a run in behind the Thameslink but will be a few minutes down.

Edit*

As I say that the train has magically jumped to an adjacent line on the diagram i'm watching. These new guys are good! :lol:

Passed Stevenage a minute a head of schedule

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Moved to coach D and there are lots more empty seats - lots of seat pairs only have one passenger except in A.

Should have just got a table from boarding time as all the good seats are now taken

Part of the reason for this trip was to do York avoiding line so will have to look out from the doors as I have no window
Is it possible to get a feel for the total number of passengers on the train, because it seems as if the disaster predicted over the last few days hasn’t come close…

Those getting their retaliation in first must be rather disappointed :D

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Is it possible to get a feel for the total number of passengers on the train, because it seems as if the disaster predicted over the last few days hasn’t come close…
I heard someone (they were in discussion with Geoff Marshall) suggest that there were 300 passengers for 400 seats having counted - initially some standing but a fair number of no shows means that there were seats available. Reservation displays didn't download.

Ianno87

Veteran Member

You're not suggesting that the forum's trademark doom-mongering was....wrong...are you? Surely not! Everybody on this forum knows best, don't they?

Looks like a PR win all the way for Lumo today.

zero

Those getting their retaliation in first must be rather disappointed :D

I believe there are 406 seats and I guess there are around 300 passengers

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
I heard someone (they were in discussion with Geoff Marshall) suggest that there were 300 passengers for 400 seats having counted - initially some standing but a fair number of no shows means that there were seats available. Reservation displays didn't download.
Thanks. I expect Geoff will probably have his video out later…

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Did they do anything to prevent those without reservations from boarding, or was the only check the usual gateline?

Lots of folk on the platforms who weren't travelling, taking photos of the train as it departed. So suggests not.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Did they do anything to prevent those without reservations from boarding, or was the only check the usual gateline?
There were no checks at all at Edinburgh, Morpeth or Newcastle. Still some seats free from Newcastle, so Lumo's tweet was entirely unjustified fearmongering IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.