• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lumo refund not happening automatically as advertised.

BRX

Established Member
Last week I travelled on a very heavily delayed (2+ hrs) Lumo service. Their website says that if you buy an advance ticket (I did - Lumofixed) from them directly (I did) and the train is delayed (it was) then they'll initiate the delay repay process automatically within 24 hrs of the journey (they haven't).

I suppose I should give them a bit more time on account of the time of year, and I will, but if they fail to do this they are effectively breaking the agreement we had when I bought the ticket, aren't they?

I wonder how many people on a delayed Lumo think oh, I'll get a refund without having to faff around with the claims process, assume it's happened and never get around to actually checking.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BRX

Established Member
I can of course submit manually but the point is that I shouldn't have to.

gray1404

Established Member
My experience with First Group TOCs is that even if you get an automatic email you still have to click the link which takes to a form you still have to fill out (with some of the details already filled in already) and submit.

BRX

Established Member
Well. Lumo replied to me saying that I have to have Automatic Delay Repay "turned on" in my account in order for it to work.

How I do this is a mystery to me - I don't see any settings that allow me to do it, either on their website or in the app. Maybe I am missing something obvious?

Actually, I think they may have changed the wording on their website since i started this thread. It currently says:

Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 19.10.43.jpg

But here's what it said in October last year (thanks to the wayback machine internet archive)

Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 19.13.37.jpg

Last edited: