• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Luton Airport redevelopment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Luton Airport* today launched a statutory consultation on their proposals for redeveloping the airport, to accommodate 32 million passengers a year.

The plans include minor extensions to the existing terminal, a brand new Terminal 2, significant changes to the airfield (new taxiways etc), relocating car parks and creating new ‘green space’ to compensate for the loss of public amenity land. It also sees an extension of the yet to be opened DART to the new terminal.

Way too much to put in a quote, so I shall bend the forum rules a little and just the intro in and the link to the consultation website.

This is your chance to have your say about Future LuToN, our proposal to expand London Luton Airport’s maximum passenger capacity to 32 million, building a second terminal, and making best use of our single runway.

Our proposals include changes made to the scheme since the previous consultation in 2019. We now want your feedback on our updated proposals before we submit our application for development consent.

The full set of boards and videos, as seen at the in-person consultations, can be seen in the virtual exhibition room.

*technically “Luton Rising”, the new name for the council owned company that owns the airport. Yes really.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AM9

Veteran Member
Luton Airport* today launched a statutory consultation on their proposals for redeveloping the airport, to accommodate 32 million passengers a year.

The plans include minor extensions to the existing terminal, a brand new Terminal 2, significant changes to the airfield (new taxiways etc), relocating car parks and creating new ‘green space’ to compensate for the loss of public amenity land. It also sees an extension of the yet to be opened DART to the new terminal.

Way too much to put in a quote, so I shall bend the forum rules a little and just the intro in and the link to the consultation website.

*technically “Luton Rising”, the new name for the council owned company that owns the airport. Yes really.
I was looking at this today. Unfortuantely the opening statement is hot air: "This is your chance to have your say about Future LuToN, our proposal to expand London Luton Airport’s maximum passenger capacity to 32 million, building a second terminal, and making best use of our single runway."
The bit I've boldened is a lie. The airport is right on the Herts Beds border, and all the approach and departure flight paths impinge on Herts airspace, yet as the airport is owned by Luton Council, they effectively ignore the environmental complaints from outside the town (especially Harpenden and St Albans).

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
I was looking at this today. Unfortuantely the opening statement is hot air: "This is your chance to have your say about Future LuToN, our proposal to expand London Luton Airport’s maximum passenger capacity to 32 million, building a second terminal, and making best use of our single runway."
The bit I've boldened is a lie. The airport is right on the Herts Beds border, and all the approach and departure flight paths impinge on Herts airspace, yet as the airport is owned by Luton Council, they effectively ignore the environmental complaints from outside the town (especially Harpenden and St Albans).

There’s Public events at both Harpenden (4 March) and St Albans (21 March), and many other local communities in Hertfordshire (Hitchin, Stevenage, Tring, Whitwell, Breachwood Green, Markyate, Slip End, etc; the last four will really get the noise), so I think it’s fair to say us Herts residents will be able to have our say.

AM9

Veteran Member
There’s Public events at both Harpenden (4 March) and St Albans (21 March), and many other local communities in Hertfordshire (Hitchin, Stevenage, Tring, Whitwell, Breachwood Green, Markyate, Slip End, etc; the last four will really get the noise), so I think it’s fair to say us Herts residents will be able to have our say.
Say is one thing, but as they don't rely on any Herts residents for votes, that's unlikely to make any difference, - it hasn't in the last 20+ years.

EC73LDN

Because of the scale of the development, and its regional and national importance, the planning application and representations made will be assessed and decided by the national Planning Inspectorate on behalf of the Secretary of State rather than by Luton Borough Council.

Status
Not open for further replies.