• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Luton disused platform/siding

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfie__2003

In the 5 or so years I’ve been a regular rail user on Thameslink, I’ve noticed at Luton not far off the down end of Platform 5 to the left is what appears to be a disused platform. I’ve done some pretty extensive googling and can find nothing. Hopefully somebody on here can tell me what it’s for?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 119
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hattermick

In the 5 or so years I’ve been a regular rail user on Thameslink, I’ve noticed at Luton not far off the down end of Platform 5 to the left is what appears to be a disused platform. I’ve done some pretty extensive googling and can find nothing. Hopefully somebody on here can tell me what it’s for?
It's the old parcel siding.

Class45

Yes, it's the old parcel siding. There used to be a Red Star parcels office and a road van loading bay approximately where the taxi drop off point is now. I remember there were always a couple GUV parcels vans parked in the siding during the day, which I assume were picked up overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.