• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Macclesfield-Stamford advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuwhu

Are there any ways to get a Macc-Stamford return any cheaper on the 11th Jan, looking to be in Stamford from 12ish until around 6ish. Cheapest I can get is £31 using Macc-Stamford advance tickets each way with a change at New Street.

Any help would be welcome

Thanks

Stu

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
I think thats the best you'll get, book it now before the price goes up.

DJ737

G'day

Haven't found anything cheaper, but for more flexibility you could get a East Midlands Day Ranger which is valid between Kidsgrove & Stamford for £32.90 plus a Macclesfield-Kidsgrove rtn for £6.60 giving you complete flexibility on times for £39.50 (and a variety of routes)

Cheers
DJ737
Melbourne, Australia

poshfan

Are you coming over for the footy (Stamford v Nantwich)? I go occasionally when the Posh aren't playing as I live in Stamford. This season is the last at the Wothorpe Road ground, the new Ryhall Road ground is already under construction but it's over 1 1/2 miles from the station whereas the old ground is adjacent.

Status
Not open for further replies.