• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mail Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

headshot119

Established Member
Best bet is to probably have a look in the morning and see if it has departed Shieldmuir.

Bevan Price

Established Member
I think that the "Q" paths from Shieldmuir mostly get used mainly in the pre-Christmas period, when additional mail services are operated.

38Cto15E

Blimey class66, I thought that you were looking at setting up Great Train Robbery 2. :)

Class 66's

No. Why would I do that. I film trains for YouTube and was interested in filming one.

Freightmaster

Established Member
This one runs every week day
...apart from Mondays.;)

There is also a regular (overnight) service on the ECML to/from Low Fell,
but without knowing where and when the OP wants to go and film these trains,
it's difficult to recommend a suitable working...

MARK

DarloRich

Veteran Member
The 16:2(ish) Willesden - Sheildmuir runs every weekday and is almost always bang on time through platform 3 at MKC

Established Member
Did...ummm...did that service travel through time? Departed Willesden Prdc [XRN] at 0644¾ and then arrived at Willesden Railnet Receptn at 0634¾... :lol:
Don't know where RTT got that from! This is what really happened
Code:
WLSDN PR           06:40          06:32A   8 EARLY 1 LINE
WLSDDCREC   06:42  06:47   06:34A 06:44A   3 EARLY
which is exactly as it should be; all done by auto reporting.

darloscott

They should pretty much always run on time as being a Royal Mail contract there'll be huge penalties for late running. The air network is the same

causton

Established Member
Don't know where RTT got that from! This is what really happened
Code:
WLSDN PR           06:40          06:32A   8 EARLY 1 LINE
WLSDDCREC   06:42  06:47   06:34A 06:44A   3 EARLY
which is exactly as it should be; all done by auto reporting.

If you hover over the times it says they were direct from the Train Describer; so I am assuming the wrong signalling berth is associated with WLSDN PR, or the wrong offset is there!

Established Member
If you hover over the times it says they were direct from the Train Describer; so I am assuming the wrong signalling berth is associated with WLSDN PR, or the wrong offset is there!
There must be something very strange going on there as the times I quoted are from TRUST. The description gets set up in the platform and is carried forward when the train departs, the only thing that might come into play is that there are two TD berths in the platform but if TRUST gets the departure time right you would think that RTT would do the same :?

Status
Not open for further replies.