• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Maintenance Depots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Heaton: Northern
Neville Hill: Northern/EMT

Heaton looks after Northern and GC vehicles (180/HST). They also stable some TPE units
Neville Hill looks after Northern, EMT (HST), XC (HST) and EC trains ( HST & 91)

XC use a facility at Tyne Yard for their overnight stabling and maintenance duties. I assume it is the old diesel shed.

greyman42

Established Member
So if a VTEC train is serviced at Heaton and then fails due to poor workmanship, are Northern in any way liable to pay VTEC compensation ?

TheEdge

Established Member
One assumes it would be up to VTEC to prove it was down to a failure at Heaton.

And if the service is similar to Crown Point servicing the handful of EMT units the work may be nothing more than a fueling, cleaning and general once over to check nothing has fallen off or is on fire.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Does Heaton not look after EC stuff too?
Of course! i missed them.
One assumes it would be up to VTEC to prove it was down to a failure at Heaton.

And if the service is similar to Crown Point servicing the handful of EMT units the work may be nothing more than a fueling, cleaning and general once over to check nothing has fallen off or is on fire.

the out stabling location will be overnight servicing and care and maintenance tasks only i should imagine

DJames

XC use a facility at Tyne Yard for their overnight stabling and maintenance duties. I assume it is the old diesel shed.

XC also use Tyseley for some of their fleet, due to it being close to Birmingham New Street. It was mostly used for 170s from what I could see last night on my way back from London.

greyman42

Established Member
You might have to do a Land Registry search to get down to the nitty gritty of ownership.
I would not know how to do that but if anyone does and it is not to big a job, feel free to post the results.

DJames

I tried doing one for Heaton and there were no results at the postcode for the depot. Neville Hill's looks like this, but you have to pay to see any of the actual information.

Status
Not open for further replies.