• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Man Vic to London Via Warrington.

Hi all, I was looking at going to London Via Warrington in a few months for an overnight stay. My family are heading that way too as they are coming from Oxenholme and Lancaster-I would just like us to Travel together. I have tried booking on the Forum and Trainline and put via WBQ but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated, Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nunners

Hi all, I was looking at going to London Via Warrington in a few months for an overnight stay. My family are heading that way too as they are coming from Oxenholme and Lancaster-I would just like us to Travel together. I have tried booking on the Forum and Trainline and put via WBQ but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated, Many thanks.
When are you travelling? If it's a long way ahead booking might not have been released yet

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The forms site will sell you a combination of tickets for this journey, providing it's not too far ahead.

northwichcat

Established Member
I can get it to come up with journeys for the coming week but it doesn't give the nicest options e.g. it doesn't suggest any options for Victoria to Bank Quay, then Bank Quay to Euston. However, presumably you can get those to appear by increasing the connection time at Bank Quay.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I can get it to come up with journeys for the coming week but it doesn't give the nicest options e.g. it doesn't suggest any options for Victoria to Bank Quay, then Bank Quay to Euston. However, presumably you can get those to appear by increasing the connection time at Bank Quay.
You can specify multiple via & avoid points, as well as additional interchange time.

kieron

Established Member
Hi all, I was looking at going to London Via Warrington in a few months for an overnight stay. ... I have tried booking on the Forum and Trainline and put via WBQ but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated, Many thanks.
A Manchester-London ticket is valid via Warrington, but only if you catch a train to Warrington Central and walk across. It's slower, but you should be offered it by a web site if you select something like "via Warrington Central".

There are other origins & destinations which would let you use a direct train between Manchester and Warrington Bank Quay, if you'd rather do that. Advance tickets don't (in this case) let you start or end at a different station to the one printed on them, but the off peak and anytime tickets you could buy do allow this.

northwichcat

Established Member
Split ticketing allows you to buy a Victoria to Warrington Bank Quay Advance Single and a Warrington Bank Quay to London Euston Advance Single, for around £60 combined for the date I selected. However, it's also showing some journeys via Chester for around £40 and take around 25 minutes longer.

Another option that comes up for flexible travel via Warrington (but not changing there) is Victoria-Bolton-Wigan and Wigan-Euston, splitting your ticket at Bolton. Obviously with that combination you can't catch a service via Atherton.

Thank you Everyone, I have played around on the Forums booking site and I have got the hang of it. I've taken on board what you have said - 1 change via WBQ and it came in cheaper than via Piccadilly. Some however were 4 hours 48 minutes, I'll check nearer the time of travel in a couple of months, Many thanks once again.