• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Manchester Airport Terminal 2 Short Term Parking

Status
Not open for further replies.

parkender102

Anyone have recent experience of Short Term Parking at Manchester Airport (Terminal 2). I was there last week picking daughter up from Terminal 1 (wife wanted to be in the terminal to greet her as she had been away 9 months working on a cruise ship in Alaska/Mexico/Central America). Went to the Terminal 1 Multi Storey Short Term Car Park and parked for £12 (we were there under an hour) pay on exit and no need to take a ticket on arrival so I assume it uses ANPR to check your entry and exit times and charges you accordingly. Very convenient and right outside Terminal 1.

Tomorrow I've to drop the same daughter off for a flight from Terminal 2 to Amsterdam (05:55). I just need to park for 30 mins - 60 mins to accompany her to the check in and then I'll head home. As usual the Manchester Airport website is incredibly confusing encouraging you to book online for the best price and then coming up with £58 to park! I believe T2 Multistorey West is the one to head for but not sure of prices and if short term parking is available. The alternative is to park in Terminal 1 like I did last week as I know where it is and walk from there. From memory Terminal 1 Shot Term Multi Storey is a 10-15 minute walk. She's only taking a carry on bag so no big dramas about lugging big cases that distance.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Was going to suggest that it might be cheaper to drop off at somewhere local like Heald Green station and then get the train in to the Airport from there but almost certainly there'll not be anything running quite that early. (Nor seemingly on the Metrolink?)

Does the 0343 non stop from Piccadilly (arrives at the Airport at 0357) allow sufficient check in time?

parkender102

Pretty sure she'll need to be there by at least 04:00 - We're travelling from North Wales around a 45 minute drive away so would rather park at the airport as less faff. Currently she's having check in online issues due to codeshare flights as she's flying KLM/Delta Manchester - Amsterdam - Houston (IAH). That could mean we have to get there even earlier but that's another problem on another thread.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
So noted. This primarily being a rail forum, thought it appropriate to at least consider a rail-based solution.

Who'd have thought that getting to the Airport for a daft o'clock check-in using rail/other public transport would be so difficult? ;)

parkender102

Ha Ha. I used this forum as I've used it for years for all my rail related travel and know you can always rely on a quick and concise answer! You are right though about public transport - at certain times of the day Manchester Airport is easily reached via Metro/Bus/Rail and I've used this method myself rather than pay the extortionate Airport Parking Prices. Also makes the flight home more enjoyable when you can have a few drinks on the journey home knowing you can get home by public transport. However like you say for stupid o'clock flights and check it doesn't really work well. My local Station (Chester) has Hourly Services to Manchester Airport but at that time of the morning the first one is 03.34 (arriving at Manchester Airport 05:03).

headshot119

Established Member
T2 West multi storey is the one you want, all the multi storey car parks are the same price £6 for 30 minutes, £12 for an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.