• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Manchester to Edinburgh price anomaly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Par

Looking to travel from Manchester to Edinburgh on Saturday January 11th.

Piccadilly dep 10.47 arriving Edinburgh 14.17 changing at Preston. Advance tickets with a Two Together Railcard.

Avanti will sell me these tickets for £33.00 but TPE want £34.30 for the identical ticket. I’m not including booking fees or postage in the above.

Not a deal breaker, but why the anomaly?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
It seems TPE do not have access to the cheaper “Avanti&Northern” Advance fares and can only retail slightly more expensive “AWC&Connections” Advance fares instead.

Par

Thanks

“AWC & Connections” would suggest (although I know it’s not the case) that the Piccadilly to Preston leg could be with Northern or TPE.

I’ve already bought the ticket though through TPE (I’m returning from Edinburgh with them). Using one TPE’s services to Preston would suit me better although I am aware that I am tied to Northern and their tight 11 minute connection in Preston.

It is an excellent value ticket of course so no real complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.