• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Marriage discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

meridian2

The full phrase was 'to protest against what they see as unfairness in society?'.
You think that that is diametrically opposite to contributing? To attempt to repair society by opposing unfairness?
Even though there are a number of examples where this has happened across the world (fall of the Berlin Wall, Czechoslavakia's Velvet Revolution, the overthrow of apartheid, the almost complete downfall of Communism).

Can I clarify, then?
You believe that society is broken (or is very much on the way to it).
You believe that a key factor in this is the demise of the two-parent family.
You believe that many people feel that they cannot contribute to society (or do not know how to).
You believe that if people feel that society in its current state is in many ways unfair, and wish to protest against this unfairness, they are not contributing to society.
You believe that if those that protest do wish to contribute to society, that they should vote out the Government at the next general election, or stand for office.
You're the only person in the discussion who sees contribute and protest as synonyms. Each successive logical cul de sac you're trying to lead people down is born of that misapprehension. I repeat, for those who see everything through the prism of politics, everything is political. You derailed the discussion, don't expect me to follow you into the weeds.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
That doesn't mean, however, that all parenting modes are equal.

Unfortunately, some kids just don't get the best start in life.
Again, I agree with you there. All I'm saying is that there isn't a clearly predefined best parenting mode.

meridian2

I don't think I ever said that.
However, you certainly seem to think that being against unfairness in society is not contributing to repair it.
Dig an old lady's garden then come and tell me the difference.

talltim

Established Member
By being against gay marriage, surely you are removing potential stable loving supportive couples from the pool of parents?
Also if two parents are better than one are three better than two?

Status
Not open for further replies.