• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Megabus General Discussion

asb

There is a loose theme with the cross country numbers.
M31 is fast Manchester - Bristol

M33 is fast Birmingham - Cardiff

M34 is a coach on the Manchester - Birmingham - Oxford corridor

M36 is on the Manchester - Birmingham - Bristol corridor.

There are too many stopping combinations to give everything it's own number

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

markymark2000

On Moderation
There is a loose theme with the cross country numbers.
M31 is fast Manchester - Bristol

M33 is fast Birmingham - Cardiff

M34 is a coach on the Manchester - Birmingham - Oxford corridor

M36 is on the Manchester - Birmingham - Bristol corridor.

There are too many stopping combinations to give everything it's own number
NatEx do it. Or you can link some common routes where theres only one or two stops difference (like Flixbus)

LiviCrazy

Took the M11 down from Glasgow to Manchester this morning. Incredibly efficient and punctual. Was in Manchester 25mins earlier than schedule. Great value at £22 return, not much slower than taking the train and a lot cheaper (also looking at the timetables it is considerably faster to Manchester than either of their rivals). Was a nice coach, though unbranded from what I saw, LSK 808.

route101

Established Member
Took the M11 down from Glasgow to Manchester this morning. Incredibly efficient and punctual. Was in Manchester 25mins earlier than schedule. Great value at £22 return, not much slower than taking the train and a lot cheaper (also looking at the timetables it is considerably faster to Manchester than either of their rivals). Was a nice coach, though unbranded from what I saw, LSK 808.
Been a while since I have taken a Megabus. There is one service South from Edinburgh that terminates at Manchester Airport. I usually use the train to Manchester as its more frequent with a change. LSK 808 must be a Parks coach.

Coach services usually have a bit of slack in timings.

Parebunks

Two new routes starting this weekend - M17 and M19, both cross country south from Glasgow. Weirdly Megabus doesn't seem to have promoted these at all, I found them through the Scottish Citylink website, although they are bookable via Megabus as well. Timetables here: M17, M19. Ruins the pattern of cross-country routes being M3x, irritatingly!

route101

Established Member
Certainly a useful service for the south coast..First time I've seen an actual timetable for a Megabus service like a PDF.

Hope it's starts.

Two new routes starting this weekend - M17 and M19, both cross country south from Glasgow. Weirdly Megabus doesn't seem to have promoted these at all, I found them through the Scottish Citylink website, although they are bookable via Megabus as well. Timetables here: M17, M19. Ruins the pattern of cross-country routes being M3x, irritatingly!
I wonder who is operating these? I guess the day service will be busier.

Last edited:

route101

Established Member
Operating dates are bit random from end of June. No service on weekend of 30th of June.

route101

Established Member
What’s this obsession at the moment with all these services from the South through to Scotland
Its interesting as National Express nor the trains offer these routes. I am just wondering if the Glasgow to Southampton route has been scaled back already.

Simon75

On Moderation

Its interesting as National Express nor the trains offer these routes. I am just wondering if the Glasgow to Southampton route has been scaled back already.
Could it because Citylink also now owns Megabus ?

Certainly a useful service for the south coast..First time I've seen an actual timetable for a Megabus service like a PDF.

Hope it's starts.

I wonder who is operating these? I guess the day service will be busier.

Park's of Hamilton for Southampton
McLean of Chapelhall for Cardiff

Bwsbro

I see, for some reason I thought it was Megabus metal on these trips. I was going to book the Southampton M17 but not confident that it will run.
The M19 is definitely running as it’s just past me at Manchester Airport

Bwsbro

KSK979 currently just left Manchester Airport on the M17 to Glasgow

That was the day I was hoping to book. Surprised its that busy, perhaps its busy from Manchester to points South.3

I see, I remember going on one of them on the M11X, not the most comfortable ride.

I see, for some reason I thought it was Megabus metal on these trips. I was going to book the Southampton M17 but not confident that it will run.

McLean - NX21MCL (VDL Futura HD) has now been vinyl wrapped in Megabus livery for the Cardiff journey.
Parks - LSK808 (Plaxton Panorama) has now been vinyl wrapped in Megabus livery for the M11X Manchester Airport run. - https://flic.kr/p/2oJxETj
Parks - KSK979 (Volvo 9700) has now been vinyl wrapped in Megabus livery for the Southampton journey. - https://flic.kr/p/2oJWDNV

Last edited:

route101

Established Member
McLean - NX21MCL (VDL Futura HD) has now been vinyl wrapped in Megabus livery for the Cardiff journey.
Parks - LSK808 (Plaxton Panorama) has now been vinyl wrapped in Megabus livery for the M11X Manchester Airport run. - https://flic.kr/p/2oJxETj
Parks - KSK979 (Volvo 9700) has now been vinyl wrapped in Megabus livery for the Southampton journey. - https://flic.kr/p/2oJWDNV
Great info there.

I seen the McLeans coach earlier today heading to Cardiff.

route101

Established Member
I'm on the M17. It's a citylink branded Panorama. Will be a rare sight in Southampton tomorrow.

route101

Established Member
Anyone know how the M19 Glasgow - Cardiff - Glasgow works in terms of drivers? Its double manned but do the drivers work the day service down and night service up?

JD2168

Plaxton Panorama YX69 LCF (50407) appeared to have failed at Meadowhall Interchange on M20 London at around 6:35pm. Quite a number of passengers stood outside the coach & 3 members of staff were around the cab area.

route101

Established Member
Plaxton Panorama YX69 LCF (50407) appeared to have failed at Meadowhall Interchange on M20 London at around 6:35pm. Quite a number of passengers stood outside the coach & 3 members of staff were around the cab area.
Glasgow to London coach. What happens here? New coach gets sent out?

darloscott

Glasgow to London coach. What happens here? New coach gets sent out?
Usually someone local will attend with a loan coach and the service continues many hours late. Or if it’s fixable one of the local depots (Ecclesfield probably closest) will come out