• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Members named after stations

Gathursty

Established Member
I named myself after Gathurst.

There are other members who have a station in their user name (abbreviated or full name).

How many stations have we got on this forum by user name?

How far off are we having a named member for each station?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Strathclyder

Established Member
I didn't name myself after a local station/depot/railway landmark etc, but a name that a member of a class of EMU that I've grown up with used to carry, specifically 318266.

Out of all the named ScotRail units that have roamed the network, 266 had by far the most distinctive and appealing name, ripe for reuse as a forum handle :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenchurch SP

I wanted to be Fenchurch Street-Porter but it's too long.
It was a character in an old radio comedy sketch which I barely remember but for some reason the name stuck in my mind.
Probably from the 1970s when Janet was high profile.

Dai Corner

Established Member
My username is inspired by that of a station in Newport, south Wales but is plausibly a real name with a local abbreviation.

OhNoAPacer

I wonder how many people have actual names that coincide with a rail station. It is not improbable that somewhere there is a Daisy Hill, less likely that someone is called Euxton Balshaw Lane.

McRhu

Didn't RAIL magazine once have a whole sequential plethora of columnists coincidentally named after railway locations? Stewart Slane et al.

lxfe_mxtterz

I wonder how many people have actual names that coincide with a rail station. It is not improbable that somewhere there is a Daisy Hill, less likely that someone is called Euxton Balshaw Lane.
We had a thread on that a little while back. :)

I’d love to think there’s a Martin Mill out there somewhere who just happens to be a rail enthusiast. If there is I’ve got one of his BR(S) running in boards!
As for my user name I’m very much like 75A in post #2 with a huge Brighton influence

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Didn't RAIL magazine once have a whole sequential plethora of columnists coincidentally named after railway locations? Stewart Slane et al.
I suspect they were all David Maxey ( of Railtour Review fame ) weren't they?

DerekC

Established Member
Hmm - I went the boring route and I suppose it's too late to change now. What should I have picked? Adlestrop? High Street Ken? Grimoldboy? I know:

Twizell

londonbridge

Established Member
When travelling into and out of central London, Victoria and London Bridge are the two stations I frequent the most, since I’m male I chose the latter.