• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butts

Veteran Member
Well someone had to do it :oops:

I will be Flying down to Birmingham on Christmas Eve to spend the festive period in The Black Country. (praying no snow at GLA or BHX)

Returning to Scotland on the 31st I am working in Edinburgh on New Years Eve starting a Nightshift that will take me into the New Year !!

What are the rest of you up to and where ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
bah humbug ;)

We will swap over as i am off to Scotland to see the parental unit. First class :o:oops: from New Street on Tuesday evening! Leeds on new years eve and home on 3rd January!

Butts

Veteran Member
bah humbug ;)

We will swap over as i am off to Scotland to see the parental unit. First class :o:oops: from New Street on Tuesday evening! Leeds on new years eve and home on 3rd January!

Evidently you have overcome your prejudices to become one of the "obsessed":p

I thought you spent NYE at Hogans in Darlington :idea:

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
It's still 9 days away! But incase I forget nearer the time, merry christmas!

I'm spending Christmas with my family in the middle of nowhere out on the boat. Leaving on the 23rd, Wormleighton for christmas eve and the day there on christmas day before either heading home or heading out towards Claydon.

Hopefully we will have a nice time and I hope everyone else has an enjoyable time!

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Evidently you have overcome your prejudices to become one of the "obsessed":p

I thought you spent NYE at Hogans in Darlington :idea:

Not anymore. Haven't lived in Darlo for over 5 years although i do tend to pop into Hogans if i make a home match.

I thought i would take a first class Christmas treat. It was also the cheapest direct ticket.

GrimsbyPacer

Established Member
My sister to due to give birth on Christmas Day, although it could come early, but not later as it will be induced. That will reduce the presents I need to get next year if it's on time.
We're staying at home unless we need to go to hospital. We sent most gifts off to the extended family in Blackpool, Nottingham, Tamworth, Norwich, New Brunswick etc.

We got lots of tins of chocolates and will get party food for Christmas, I got all my pressies already but I'm concerned about them as always. No cooking! But I'll make cupcakes and maybe my famous rocky rainbow drop road though.
We haven't put decorations up yet, last Christmas was the best in my memory, no problems at all. I have been going to bed at 1am and getting up at 5am lately so not much time to put the lights and baubles up.

No one can visit us as the railway will be closed until mid January from Christmas while Network Rail get's the wrecking ball out for our signal boxes.
I'm really happy overall about Christmas regardless of the terrible Star Trek Beyond trailer.

I hope everyone has a good time on this forum.
Merry Christmas everyone!

dave87016

Established Member
Quiet relaxing Christmas for me however NYE a heavy jolly up with my friends !!

So Merry Christmas to every member old and new and to your family's hope you all have a good one and a Happy New Year aswelll all the best for 2016

Dave

me123

Established Member
Humbug.

I'm voluntarily working overtime. On both Christmas and New Year. And looking forward to it. Roll on January.

Kernowfem

Best wishes to everyone for Christmas and the new year. A quiet christmas at home for me, which no doubt will include over dosing on Pringles and being double bent with indigestion thanks to a tangerine intake. Then followed by a new year standing on weighing scales and wondering why I ate so much that my backside is the size of an HGV.

Does anyone else spend the run up to christmas thinking of excuses to avoid the family get togethers?

168lover

I'm off to spend Christmas with my family in Ireland early(02:30am crossing) on christmas eve. Bear in mind I live near london I'm in for a long and tiring trip.

SS4

Established Member
I'm apathetic about the whole thing really. I'll be spending Christmas day at home pretending to be somewhat pleased about a festival representing something I don't believe in.

I'd like little more than to opt out of the festival altogether: no bothering with having to get gifts, not having to think about what I'd like when I can pretty much get what I want myself, not having to send cards or receive them, no Christmas do at work nor with family. Dinner is nice admittedly but there is no reason why one cannot have it on a normal day (which, ironically, would be a Friday since I have them off)

The best thing about the Christmas period is the bumper crop of football that's on

Butts

Veteran Member
I'm apathetic about the whole thing really. I'll be spending Christmas day at home pretending to be somewhat pleased about a festival representing something I don't believe in.

I'd like little more than to opt out of the festival altogether: no bothering with having to get gifts, not having to think about what I'd like when I can pretty much get what I want myself, not having to send cards or receive them, no Christmas do at work nor with family. Dinner is nice admittedly but there is no reason why one cannot have it on a normal day (which, ironically, would be a Friday since I have them off)

The best thing about the Christmas period is the bumper crop of football that's on

Blimey what is it with you Villa Fans ?

You and Minilad are a right pair of "Midlands Misers" :p

Is anyone going abroad for a bit of Christmas Sunshine ?

trainophile

Established Member
Merry Xmas to everyone on this forum, and thanks for putting up with my silly questions and inane comments again this year!

I don't do Xmas either, OH has a vegetarian lunch with his sister while I might have a chicken ready-meal, then he comes back and we slump in front of the TV (him) and computer (me) for the rest of the day.

I just came in to say that I'm currently on an ATW (refurbed one :D ) to Manchester, and across the aisle a middle aged couple have crystal balloon glasses with white wine in, and appear to be eating salmon sandwiches! Very civilised :lol: .

Enjoy 1st Class Darlo, mind you don't get hooked on it! :lol:

Crossover

Established Member
Happy Christmas to all here

Sad as it may sound, the main thing I am looking forward to once again is some time off work! After a manic year, working in the manufacturing industry (in an IT role), we have a complete factory shutdown which means people aren't breaking things whilst I am also not in <(

Last edited:

backontrack

Established Member
You're more likely to see a real UFO then avoid relegation. :P;)

Just kidding, you're already doing better under Remi Garde.

Antman

Established Member
I'm another one who isn't a Christmas lover, in fact I get more and more sick of it all every year. I don't mind buying presents for kids but what is the point in buying them for adults? I mean if I wanted socks etc I'd go and buy them myself. In fact I'd be quite happy to spend the day sat at home on my own with some DVD's to watch and a book to read and have beans on toast for dinner. However I shall be obligated however to fulfill various family duties and pretend I'm enjoying myself, thank goodness for the football on Boxing Day, if only there were more trains running!

Anyway a happy Christmas to one and all

Last edited:

telstarbox

Established Member
Merry Christmas to all, whether you love or hate it. :)

Extra festive wishes to those spending Christmas Day in the four foot*, in particular the London Bridge orange army!

*Although does it still count as the four foot if there are no rails in situ at the time?

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I'm on my own so Christmas day will be a long lie, followed by a large cooked breakfast. Watch the box in the afternoon/evening, steak and chip meal in the evening washed down by plenty of Chilean red. Long lie on Boxing day then its footy on the telly all day. People say "are you not lonely", to which I reply no. :)

SS4

Established Member
I'm on my own so Christmas day will be a long lie, followed by a large cooked breakfast. Watch the box in the afternoon/evening, steak and chip meal in the evening washed down by plenty of Chilean red. Long lie on Boxing day then its footy on the telly all day. People say "are you not lonely", to which I reply no. :)

But TV tells me that nobody should be alone at Christmas so you must go out and have some fun :lol:

trainophile

Established Member

But TV tells me that nobody should be alone at Christmas so you must go out and have some fun :lol:

Be sure to close your curtains and keep the noise down, or well-meaning neighbours might decide to bring the fun to you! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.