• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Merseytravel Trio Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

fowler9

Established Member
Apologies if this is the wrong part of the forum but this is the second month on the bounce I have not been able to buy a Monthly C1 Trio at either South Parkway or West Allerton and have had to buy an alternative ticket. What recourse do I have and what is going on with the Trios. How can a station the size of South Parkway just have no available tickets on 4 days in just over a month and only be able to offer you something else more expensive?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gray1404

Established Member
This isn't acceptable. They should be able to sell it. I would complain to Merseyrail and Northern and enclose the tickets you had to buy. I would ask them for compensation as a good will gesture for the fact you have had to pay more. If you can get into Liverpool then Merseytravel staff at Queens Square or Liverpool One Bus Station should be be able to issue your ticket in no time.

fowler9

Established Member
This isn't acceptable. They should be able to sell it. I would complain to Merseyrail and Northern and enclose the tickets you had to buy. I would ask them for compensation as a good will gesture for the fact you have had to pay more. If you can get into Liverpool then Merseytravel staff at Queens Square or Liverpool One Bus Station should be be able to issue your ticket in no time.

Cheers mate, I will try and claim the money for the tickets back, as a one off a month ago I put up with it but two months on the trot is not good. I was surprised I wasn't offered some kind of permit to travel since basially the station was unable to sell me the ticket I needed. I feel bad complaining and it isn't the fault of the people in the ticket office so I never kick off (I have spent years working in complaints myself).

fowler9

Established Member
Unfortunately Merseytravel are the ones that supply and sort out delivery of stock, so you're best telling them. Station staff just inform Passenger Accounts and/or Merseytravel they have no stock. So it's not a case of they won't sell it as implied by gray1404, they can't physically sell it! It's just as frustrating when we keep running out!

Ah mate I know it isn't the fault of the station staff. We have amazing staff at my local stations (Mossley Hill, West Allerton and South Parkway) I can see when they get the book out that they simply have no tickets. Oddly enough part of my dads old job was delivering the Saveaways and (As they were) Zone Tickets to the various outlets.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Unfortunately Merseytravel are the ones that supply and sort out delivery of stock, so you're best telling them. Station staff just inform Passenger Accounts and/or Merseytravel they have no stock. So it's not a case of they won't sell it as implied by gray1404, they can't physically sell it! It's just as frustrating when we keep running out!

Why out of interest can't they be issued on standard railway ticket stock? Provided it clearly says what the ticket is, I don't see a need for them to do their own thing - indeed if it could be issued on railway stock it'd work barriers. Saveaways can be now, can't they?

fowler9

Established Member
Why out of interest can't they be issued on standard railway ticket stock? Provided it clearly says what the ticket is, I don't see a need for them to do their own thing - indeed if it could be issued on railway stock it'd work barriers. Saveaways can be now, can't they?

Saveaways can but as far as I know Trios haven't gone over to smart cards and rather than have a separate photo card the ticket needs to be stuck on to your rather large cardboard photo card. I am sure that will change soon.

fowler9

Established Member
I learned the hard way, charged for one, then checked found we had none. Oops! I always check first now!!

Ah sorry mate, nightmare, difficult situation if someone has paid by card as I normally do. Merseytravel should be making sure there are enough about, anomalies always happen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.