• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Michael Portillo's " Great British Railway Journeys"

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitdiver

I have just watched some of the old editions of the above programmes. I am curious to know which station does he get on at and is it the same one where he picks up the ticket from.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SeanG

Established Member
There are a lot of episodes so you may need to be a bit more specific.
However, note that he continuity in the series is notoriously horrendous

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
In some of the early series, Mr. Portillo was quite often to be seen boarding a train at Box Hill and Westhumble station (in Surrey) at the beginning of each episode.

As @SeanG mentions, if you could advise some of the locations that were visited in a particular episode, it should be possible to better advise.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
It always amuses me that he's seen carrying a suitcase in the very early credits, but never again, not even when he's checking in to his hotel for the night!

Yes, I know that it's been taken there by the production staff, but maybe once he can actually carry it into the hotel?

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
Had to laugh last night on his trip through Spain, during which he visited the CAF factory in Zaragoza and drove a Northern 331 inside the depot.
"Super smooth ride" was the classy comment (at 2km/h) - not repeated in normal service at Northern.
CAF is also having problems with its trams in various parts of the world, including Birmingham.

But the episode as a whole, including discovering his father's Civil War era records at Salamanca, was really very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.