• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Midlands Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuwhu

Hi.. I'm looking to do the below on Saturday, has anyone any decent suggestions for tickets please

Saturday am: Stockport-Hednesford (ideally arrive around 1.30pm)

Around 5.30pm Hednesford-Birmingham NS

Around 9pm Birmingham NS-Stockport

I can fix on the Stockport-Hednesford, but would prefer flexibility on the return. I have no railcard.

Best I've found so far is;
Stockport-Stafford £18.90 return
Stafford-Walsall return £10.90 (but would this let me break in Hednesford)

Thanks in advance for any help

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
The £10.90 Stafford-Walsall ticket is valid via Rugeley or via Birmingham, and there is no restriction on breaking your journey. But ... you could not go via Birmingham in both directions. However, Stafford-Rugeley-Hednesford-Walsall-Birmingham-Wolverhampton-Stafford would be fine. As would be Stafford-Rugeley-Hednesford-Rugeley-Stafford (although this is not what you want to do).

EDIT: or a £9.10 Stockport-Hednesford (via Birmingham) Advance on the 1136 arriving 1358 (is that too late?), plus a £14.10 Birmingham-Stockport Advance on the 2057 or 2157, plus a £5.70 Hednesford-Birmingham single. Total £28.90 so no great saving.

If you are happy to be tied to the 2057, then £7.70 Hednesford-Wolverhampton single, plus £9.50 Wolverhampton-Stockport Advance: total £26.40

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.