• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mini Metro

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Just come across a game some of you may be interested in - it has a free demo (in broswer) on its website, and is available on Steam Early Access.

The concept is that you start on a blank city and have to build metro lines between the stations that appear at random intervals. Resources are limited, and you only have a certain number of trains, tunnels and lines at the start - and you are able to gain more resources at the end of each game week. The challenge is to move passengers between points without particular stations becoming overcrowded - as once one does it's game over. Very simple, Harry Beck style graphics too - which look lovely.

Quite a fun concept, and quite addictive. :lol:

http://dinopoloclub.com/minimetro/

Or if you prefer a more in depth look;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz8K7Inzaew&list=UUKab3hYnOoTZZbEUQBMx-ww

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Searle

Established Member
Love this game and would recommend it, especially as it's up and coming, with frequent updates. If anyone has steam, I have pre-ordered it and now can play it in Steam, with leaderboards and other things. Really would recommend it, especially as it's very cheap!

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
My most recent "London" attempt is below.

Managed to run it for 97 days, before the central area imploded. Looking at it now I'm not exactly sure what I was thinking with the green and light blue lines - but it seemed like the right thing at the time :roll:

Attachments

• London Map.png
    London Map.png
    656.7 KB · Views: 76

ModernRailways

Established Member
I've probably clocked up around 15 hours+ at least on this game whilst it was in Alpha and since it was released on Steam a week or so ago now I've clocked up 6 hours already.

I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone and it's a great little pick and play! You could also do some really nice designs.

For those wondering how they have it on a dark background, one of the settings allows you to choose 'Dark Mode' which basically changes the background colour to a dark grey instead of the quite bright white, it makes much better to play at night / in the dark

Searle

Established Member
If anyone wants to add me on steam, my username is Mikez26052. Would like to compare scores and stuff in game :P

JaJaWa

Established Member
My most recent "London" attempt is below.

Managed to run it for 97 days, before the central area imploded. Looking at it now I'm not exactly sure what I was thinking with the green and light blue lines - but it seemed like the right thing at the time :roll:

Here's my most recent London attempt!

Attachments

• London (2338) 1.png
    London (2338) 1.png
    732.4 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Lrd

Established Member
Just purchased this, am loving it so far but can't get anywhere near as far as some you lot have, I clearly need more practise! :)

ModernRailways

Established Member
I found this design, and I must say it looks really nice. According to the guy who made it he reached around 1,500 people!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.