• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Missing connection with Eurostar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Par

Posting on behalf of a colleague.

He is due to travel on Eurostar this Friday evening from St Pancras to Bourg-Saint-Maurice, however due to industrial action in France, his departure has been brought forward by some seven hours. He was connecting into this train with a separate [non-CIV] ticket from Manchester Piccadilly.

Does he have any recourse with Eurostar for the now useless Piccadilly - Euston ticket held and would Eurostar have any obligation to pay for a replacement Manchester - London ticket (one which will now have to be taken during the morning peak). I suspect not with the original booking being separate and non-CIV?

Any advice welcome.

Apologies if wrong forum - mods please move is necessary

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
No, I don't believe he does, though if the new Eurostar time doesn't suit he'd presumably be entitled to a refund of that and to e.g. go and purchase a flight.

Assuming the Picc-Euston ticket to cost more than £10, though, he could just change it using the usual facilities for doing so.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Without CIV protection (which I would never go without!) I would suggest he is pretty snookered here as CIV provides the various protections that you can usually rely on in situations of disruption. Goodwill of course may go a long way to getting a satisfactory resolution but I wouldn't hold my breath. I hope he has travel insurance as I'd suggest that his best bet may well be a claim against that (depending on the scale of the additional costs incurred).

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It might be worth contacting Avanti to see if they'll be amenable to allow earlier travel, but I certainly wouldn't get their hopes up on this - withotu CIV they're well within their rights to say no.

Status
Not open for further replies.