• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MMI changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seasalt

Hi all, I am due to have MMI with OPC and what I can find on forum is that it will consist in a number of questions "describe a time...(training for more than 2 weeks, handled and emergency situation, etc)
When it was explained at an early stage at OPC is that it will be first around 25 situation based scenarios that we will have to sit, then the questions and based on this two OPC will match them and create an MMI to be undertaken with an assessor.

Can anyone that had MMI lately shade some light in regards to this changes?

Thank you !

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CardiffDan

You do a situation test on pc. Supposedly it's not marked. But it's to gauge your attitude to risk. All pretty straightforward.

You then do a mmi with someone. 6 questions which you usually write a short sentence about. Then they probe you on it in the STAR method

Carl98k

You do a situation test on pc. Supposedly it's not marked. But it's to gauge your attitude to risk. All pretty straightforward.

You then do a mmi with someone. 6 questions which you usually write a short sentence about. Then they probe you on it in the STAR method
When I did my MMI in April, I asked how it’s marked. The SJT is used along side the MMI for scoring purposes. I was told if you score high on the MMI then they pretty much ignore it. Basically nail the MMI and they won’t bother with the SJT results.

Seasalt

Thank you !

Is the situation test timed ?

CardiffDan

Thank you !

Is the situation test timed ?

I don't recall it being timed. But you flick through it quite quickly once you get in the swing of it.

I know I finished quite a bit before others in the room, so if it's timed you get plenty of it.

In all honesty I'd be surprised if anyone put the wrong answers on too many. Just keep in mind it's safety critical roles, so safety is the main priority in all of them.

Carl98k

They say it’s takes around 30 mins but no actually time limit. I did mine in less than 15 mins and passed. Just don’t over think it, but do keep safety in mind.

Gemski

For the short sentence do they want this "STAR" or just a brief outline of what the task/situation was. So just the situation bit?

CardiffDan

For the short sentence do they want this "STAR" or just a brief outline of what the task/situation was. So just the situation bit?
No. It is literally one sentence. So I pulled a person from a burning vehicle in an emergency situation.

Then they will ask all they need to know around that. You would answer in STAR format. They are good are probing you for more if needed.

Gemski

No. It is literally one sentence. So I pulled a person from a burning vehicle in an emergency situation.

Then they will ask all they need to know around that. You would answer in STAR format. They are good are probing you for more if needed.
Thank you

Twotwo

In regards to the example. Remember to do only what you are trained to do and never risk your safety. So the above used the example of pulling someone from a burning vehicle. Excellent example BUT are you trained to do it? Did you make sure it was safe before you did it? Never compromise your safety basically. And only do what you are trained to do. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.