• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MMI or DMI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

stevem39

A painful 9 days later and finally got a reply from my MMI, hope everyones only getting good news in this thread :]

thanks for everyones help, if anyone wants any advice i'm happy to answer in dms (SWR internal)
Hello mate , I recently passed my DMI and have my MMI soon, I understand they want you go into a lot of detail when answering the questions, I've heard if they ask you alot of questions then it's not a good sign as your not giving them what they want , did you find they ask you alot of questions ? If so can you remember what questions ? Did you use the STAR formate when answering? Was it only the questions you was asked to answer prior to the interview or did they throw in some extra ones ?

stevem39

Hi all , I recently passed my DMI for southern, I briefly remember one of the interviewers say they will send me the questions I was ask for my MMI , does this sound correct? (Aimed at anyone that's passed with southern recently )

Tolabear

Hello mate , I recently passed my DMI and have my MMI soon, I understand they want you go into a lot of detail when answering the questions, I've heard if they ask you alot of questions then it's not a good sign as your not giving them what they want , did you find they ask you alot of questions ? If so can you remember what questions ? Did you use the STAR formate when answering? Was it only the questions you was asked to answer prior to the interview or did they throw in some extra ones ?

hi Steve,

you only see the questions about 30 - 40 minutes before your MMI, in which before that you have to do a random SJT tests which if I’m being completely honest seemed pointless...

yes similar to the DMI they want you to go into detail, STAR method is always a good technique as it does ensure you say enough about the scenario! you get asked 6 questions

I know one question was

name a time you have done a role similar to a train driver

a question about when you followed a protocol

and when you were in an emergency situation

when you persevered to learn or achieve something

so try and have a scenario about each because a lot of them fall under the same kind of ask

you’re allowed to use the same answer for 2 questions however you need to make sure you explain why it’s being used for each question as each question is looking for key attributes

like ‘tenacity’ and ‘attention to detail’

then asking more questions is not a problem it makes it so you get every bit of detail in which is good!

yes they threw in some extra questions but i actually think they’re based off of how you answered the SJT

stevem39

hi Steve,

you only see the questions about 30 - 40 minutes before your MMI, in which before that you have to do a random SJT tests which if I’m being completely honest seemed pointless...

yes similar to the DMI they want you to go into detail, STAR method is always a good technique as it does ensure you say enough about the scenario! you get asked 6 questions

I know one question was

name a time you have done a role similar to a train driver

a question about when you followed a protocol

and when you were in an emergency situation

when you persevered to learn or achieve something

so try and have a scenario about each because a lot of them fall under the same kind of ask

you’re allowed to use the same answer for 2 questions however you need to make sure you explain why it’s being used for each question as each question is looking for key attributes

like ‘tenacity’ and ‘attention to detail’

then asking more questions is not a problem it makes it so you get every bit of detail in which is good!

yes they threw in some extra questions but i actually think they’re based off of how you answered the SJT
Thank you for all this advice and help ,just to clarify , I have already had the question on my assessment day which was in october and which I wrote a brief description , and this is why I'm asking If they will send them to me (which I thought they said they would do in the interview) before my MMI ?

HTR

I have been offered an interview by SWR further to passing computer tests. I have had no previous interviews. Recruitment could not confirm whether MMI or DMI and said I won't be sent any preparation material. Could anyone shed any light on what interview this is likely to be and what it entails broadly speaking. Many Thanks

Tolabear

I have been offered an interview by SWR further to passing computer tests. I have had no previous interviews. Recruitment could not confirm whether MMI or DMI and said I won't be sent any preparation material. Could anyone shed any light on what interview this is likely to be and what it entails broadly speaking. Many Thanks

Going by majority posts in this thread DMI is most likely, and you don’t get sent any material for either interview

you could also get given both interviews in one day

Jaytrains

Is there a standard and enhanced level for the mmi? Or is it just pass or fail?

say you’ve passed your mmi with a national standard toc and apply for an enhanced toc would you have to sit the mmi again?

mamata

Hi
Thank you for all this advice and help ,just to clarify , I have already had the question on my assessment day which was in october and which I wrote a brief description , and this is why I'm asking If they will send them to me (which I thought they said they would do in the interview) before my MMI ?
SteveM, care to share the mmi questions please? I have mine coming up shortly. Thank you.

G30RG3

Hi

SteveM, care to share the mmi questions please? I have mine coming up shortly. Thank you.
Hi.

Just seen this post flag up and curious to know what TOC this is for and is it soon?

It's potentially a good sign that Train Driver recruitment may start to progress in the near future :)

Best of luck with your MMI

Status
Not open for further replies.