• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mobile Phone Assistance required!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mintona

Established Member
Hey there, I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I recently purchased a Samsung D900i on o2. It says that I can send and receive emails as messages, and I was wondering if anyone knew how to activate this function. I have created an email address on o2, but I don't know how to get the emails to my phone. I would like to use it toi receive gen on the move.

Thanks in advance...
Alistair

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David

Established Member
I don't know if these will help, but Samsung have a page about the D900 where you can download a manual, and O2 have FAQ page for the D900i.

Hope these help.

Gizmogle

Established Member
Hey, I have a phone on Pay & Go on O2 which says it can send and receive emails, but this feature is only available on contract. If you're on contract then you'll wanna ring up O2 and get it sorted that way, they usually tend to be dead helpful

Craig

Established Member
You'll probably need to enter the mail server, port, username and password into your phone. I'm not sure if o2 gives you those details (I use them, but not the email) but I know you can do it with Gmail.

You'll need to set up the internet connection too.

Nick W

Established Member
Gosh it must be almost 10 years since I saw a phone that sent and recieved emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.