• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Model Railway exhibitions (that you might also be attending).

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I thought I’d leave this at the top of the page as on top of sharing information about exhibitions it could be a good way of meeting fellow like minded forum members from time to time.

1st one on the list from me is the Stafford Show next weekend (22nd and 23rd of September):

We’ll be there with Moors View, so please come and say hello if you’re attending. :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Great idea for a thread @Cowley

Possibly Paisley in December, then Glasgow in February next year.

The excellent Blair Atholl Towards Drumochter is scheduled to appear at Paisley.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
I’ve wanted to see that for years!
I saw it in around 2002, then again in 2022. Still as impressive as ever, and constantly attracted a crowd at the SECC.

They are scheduled to appear at Perth next year (2024) I understand.

I believe some jaunts south of the Border were scheduled for 2020/21 but cancelled due to COVID.

8A Rail

Established Member
Already been to two exhibitions, Liverpool MR at Waterloo 2&3 Sept and Leigh MR 9&10 Sept, both good exhibitions with good amount of layouts and traders. £6 and £5 per person, the latter was for Leigh, excellent value for money.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Already been to two exhibitions, Liverpool MR at Waterloo 2&3 Sept and Leigh MR 9&10 Sept, both good exhibitions with good amount of layouts and traders. £6 and £5 per person, the latter was for Leigh, excellent value for money.
I was at the SECC in February, as usual. Bar one year I was ill, I've been going every year since i was about 4.

Normally go for the doors opening to advance ticket holders, but this year it was the same date as the LSL ScotRail Express 47/7 tour, so my friend and I went to Queen Street first to see the tour arrive from and depart for Edinburgh before going for the train to Exhibition Centre.

A new one was going to Perth for the first time this June, having seen flyers advertising it for some years.

It was certainly larger than many Exhibitions outside the main Scottish one at the SECC in Glasgow, and the venue was interesting.

Also an excuse to get in some HST haulage(!), though sadly the outbound was subbed by a 170, not fun on a busy Summer Saturday - though my mate and I did get seats.

Iskra

Established Member
I'm considering attending the Wakefield Model Railway Show on Sunday 1st of October :)

Excellent idea.

4SUB Association will be attending the following

7th-8th October - Folkestone - http://www.folkestone-mrc.com/NEXT SHOW MENU.html

4th-5th November - Northfleet - https://www.gres.org.uk/gres-model-railway-show/

11th-12th November - Tolworth - http://www.tolworthshowtrain.co.uk/showtrain/showtrain 2022.html

29th-30th December - Maidstone - https://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/event/y2023/25262-MidkentGroup_Exhibition

20th-21st January 2024 - Canterbury - https://www.ccmrs.co.uk/exhibition

Going2theDogs

Hi All,
The Folkestone show is on this weekend (7th & 8th Oct).
it is normally a great event with plenty of high class exhibits & mix of traders.
Well worth a visit if you are in the area.

Attachments

• IMG_0998.jpeg
    IMG_0998.jpeg
    359.3 KB · Views: 5
The next show I'm off to is Gravesend. In December, I'll be exhibiting my monochrome model railway - Brief Encounter - for the first time at the Woolwich model railway show on the 10th December (I'm also sponsoring the show). Worth noting - they're offering discounted tickets for TFL and rail staff if you prebook.

Attachments

• Woolwich Model Rail Show.png
    Woolwich Model Rail Show.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 8

8A Rail

Established Member
I was attempting to find this particular thread a couple of weeks ago but for some unknown reason could not locate it as I wanted to highlight a local model railway exhibition. Unfortunately that exhibition was last weekend being the 'Warrington Model Railway Show' which was a reasonable exhibition with some good layouts, an excellent venue and parking facilities too. It is on again this time next year. :)

The next show I'm off to is Gravesend. In December, I'll be exhibiting my monochrome model railway - Brief Encounter - for the first time at the Woolwich model railway show on the 10th December (I'm also sponsoring the show). Worth noting - they're offering discounted tickets for TFL and rail staff if you prebook.
We will be at Gravesend for sure. Further show annouced are

6th - 7th April - Ashford Festival of Railway Modeling https://aimrec.co.uk/events

6th July - Pevensey Model Railway Exhibition.

I am exhibiting my monochrome model railway 'Brief Encounter' at this show on Sunday 10th Dec

First show for following exhibition layouts

Brief Encounter, a 9ft Monochrome (B&W) layout and airfield set around the famous film with trams and trains

Loco Graveyard - away from the exhibition circuit for 10 years, now updated and DCC and extended to 20ft by Steve Rogers

IKEA Central -Stunning collection of end to end layouts all built on IKEA shelving showing lots in small spaces

Taymar Bridge TT scale although over 8ft long

WOOLWICH MODEL RAILWAY SHOW (London)

Event Date: Sun 10th December 2023

Address: Shrewsbury House, Bushmoor Crescent, Shooters Hill, Woolwich, Greater London, SE18 3EG

Entrance Fees: Adult-7.00, Concessions-, Child-5.00, Family-15.00

Held at a stunning large house with interesting WW2 bunkers. Real ale bar on site and cafe.

Discounted tickets for TFL/London Underground and rail staff (Passes must be shown on entry and pre-booked)

Free on street parking around venue and onsite cafe and real ale bar, so leave the car at home!
Bus 244 from Woolwich DLR, BR and Elizabeth Line and 5 mins walk from Eaglesfield Road bus stop
Bus 486 from North Greenwich tube and 5 mins walk from top of Shooters Hill
Bus 89 or 486 from Bexleyheath, Welling, Charlton, Lewisham and Blackheath to top of Shooters Hill

Please note 1/3rd of show is in upstairs rooms with no wheelchair access hence why reduced rate for wheelchair users. (book online) There is full access to the bar and cafe

Pre book tickets at www.modelrailwaysigns.com

Layouts:

Brief Encounter 00 Monochrome 1940s
Loco Graveyard 00
Ballyconnell Road Irish 15mm
Quarry Falls N
Rail Road Crossing HO American
Dournreay British 1.87
Weymouth to Ipswich Hornby third Rail
Taymar Bridge TT gauge
Spring Back TT gauge
Back on the Buses 00
Load of Balls
IKEA Central N & HO
Que'vy N
Blecthinhurst 00
Clayton West 00
Somewhere in France 009
Southdown Model Bus display
Calcutta Tea Line HoE
Grassinton 1890 Wide Gauge
Menkelholf N Gauge
Lambourne 00
Drive 0 gauge LNER & Pacific
Small n Working N & 00
Little Tottesdon 00
St Denis French HOe

Traders:
Models U Drive
All Wheels
Model Railway Signs
Kent Garden Railway
Harrison Brown Models
Southwark MRC Pre Owned
Shooters Hill Players
David Lynch locomotives
Chilvers 3D printing
Lauren Villier Transport Images
Hainsworth Pre owned
Matthew Cousins Guild of Railway Artists

Demonstrations:
OO Gauge Assc
DC Shuttle wiring demo

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
We’ll be at the Warley Model Railway show at the NEC, Birmingham with Moors View in a couple of weeks time (24th and 25th November).

Obviously this is a bit of a big one for us, but if you are planning on going then please come and introduce yourself to us. Forum members get a bit of guided tour!

Look we’ve even made it onto the official flyer!

2ED28064-F80D-48FB-87B3-0671CF44FA55.jpeg

Class15

On Moderation
We’ll be at the Warley Model Railway show at the NEC, Birmingham with Moors View in a couple of weeks time (24th and 25th November).

Obviously this is a bit of a big one for us, but if you are planning on going then please come and introduce yourself to us. Forum members get a bit of guided tour!

View attachment 146478
I might see you there (I might be going)

hexagon789

Veteran Member

View attachment 146478
Can't make it sadly, but I hope it all goes well and you all have a great time.

View attachment 146478

I am coming Saturday to Warley, any chance of a tour behind the layout as love video blogging shows and interviewing layout builders. Here is an example of the video exhibition video blogs I do. [email protected] Dawn

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I am coming Saturday to Warley, any chance of a tour behind the layout as love video blogging shows and interviewing layout builders. Here is an example of the video exhibition video blogs I do. [email protected] Dawn

I’m sure that would be fine Dawn. Just come and introduce yourself. :)